New Arcade Fire Album

Supposedly the situation re Manc tickets is being investigated, can't see what anyone can do about it.
Shame that AF are being dragged through the mud about this, it had little to do with them.

Soon there will be a vistual monoply in England of mid sized venues, tickets increasingly availiable through fewer channels, with organised and agressive touts really ruling the roost.

I queued outside Pro Musica, they opened a few minutes after 9. 4 people in front of me for tickets. I get to the top of the queue and yer one says "How many for you?", "Two", I say, "for Arcade Fire, in case you didn't know". I'm handing over the money, and look at the tickets (receipt 'ticket' was on top), and they're for fucking Razorlight. "Eh, these are for Razorlight, I wanted Arcade Fire" (This is at nearly ten past nine). "Oh fuck she says, don't tell me those people in front of you wanted Arcade Fire too, the first fella wanted Razorlight". Well, says I "I don't know about the girl, but the fella in front of me definitely wanted Arcade Fire". By the time she accesses those tickets, the Monday is sold out. Haunted I got them at all. God help the poor fuckers in front of me.

AF tickets were £17 for the UK gigs and over €40 here. Touts bought a vast amount when Ticketmaster let you buy 50 at a time.

AF tickets were £17 for the UK gigs and over €40 here. Touts bought a vast amount when Ticketmaster let you buy 50 at a time.

The justification being that they can play 12 gigs in the UK mainland, but have to come over her especially to play 2. Bollocks. How much does it cost to stick a truck on a Ferry? Fucking MCD cunts.

i think overall it is pretty strong, indeed a couple of weak points, but what album doesn't. There are some songs, like windowsill which are at least as striking as some of the songs on funeral (Which was not without its weak points, crown of love or Backseat anyone?)
how i love naysayers...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Roamer

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼