New Arcade Fire Album

I wonder is there any chance of a third gig.

maybe on the 7th...

Dublin Olympia (March 5,6)
Manchester Apollo (8,9)
Glasgow Barrowlands (11,12)
London Brixton Academy (14,15,16,17)
Paris Olympia (19,20)
Stockholm Circus (23)
Oslo Centrum Scene (24)
Copenhagen Vega (25)
Berlin Postbanhof (27)
Munich Elserhalle (28)
Lyon Transbordeur (31)
Cologne E-Live Music Hall (April 1)
Utrecht Vredenburg (2)
Brussels Halles de Schaerbeek (4)
Lille L'Aeronef (5)

All the UK gigs sold out in 10 minutes! I was queing up, but I recognised most of the people in front of me as touts. Obviously I didn't get a ticket.

Apparently they were online at £50 a pair a few minutes after nine.

I feckin hate touts.

Does anyone else think AF underestimated how popular they are?

glitch?.......yeah right, sounds like rubbish.
Can't imagine many actually bought 50 though, thats €2500!

'Glitch' blamed as Arcade Fire ticket limit raised
Ruadhán Mac Cormaic

Music promoter MCD has said a "glitch" was to blame for members of the public being allowed to buy up to 50 tickets each for a concert by Canadian band Arcade Fire when they went on sale yesterday.

Tickets for the band's two nights at Dublin's Olympia Theatre in March sold out within two minutes of going on sale through Ticketmaster at 9am yesterday. Within hours, some were being sold on the internet auction site eBay for over €300, more than six times their lowest original price of €45.20.

One Arcade Fire fan, Eoghan Ó Mathúna, said he had written to the Director of Consumer Affairs to complain that offering 50 tickets to individual buyers "provides touts with a perfect environment in which to operate".

"The tickets went on sale at 9 o'clock. I was online and the minute they came on sale I clicked refresh and selected two tickets. At one minute past nine, it came up with a 'sold out' message," he said. "Then a second night came on sale a few minutes later and the same thing happened.

"Arcade Fire would be quite popular, but they're not that big - this isn't U2 we're talking about here. The thing is, 20 minutes later, they were on sale on eBay for €300, and some of them being sold from addresses in the UK." He said that at one Ticketmaster kiosk in Dublin only four tickets were purchased before they were all sold out.

The ticket price of €45.20 for Arcade Fire's Dublin concerts on March 5th and 6th make them twice as expensive as some of the other dates on their European tour. The average price is €29.86.

By comparison, a ticket for the band's concert in London the same month costs €24, while those in Paris and Berlin are selling for €34 and €23 respectively. A spokesman for MCD said the price depended mainly on the band's fee, as well as venue and insurance costs. "In comparison to other ticket sales in Ireland, it's average," he said.

Saw them at the elecric picnic and they were incredible. Crowd really fed off their manic energy. They were going buck mad, the lot of them. And, there is a lot of them. Class act.

Got tickets to see em in glasgow. Happy days. Sold out in half an hour i'd say. 2 tickets max on ticketweb, much better set up. Only 17 quid as well. One of the joys of not livin in ireland i suppose.

"Can't imagine many actually bought 50 though, thats €2500!"

By ebay standards that's €5000 profit.

MCD should be boycotted for letting that sort of crap happen.

Yeah! I'd like to see someone trying to do it. The reality is that people will still want to go to see acts anyway and will just go and you can't blame them either.
There should be more competition but then Ireland is small enough.

That thing about insurance and venue costs is a pity. Practically another case of....and I don't want to say it....ROI

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

22nd Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Derek Burke

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼