Nash 19 restaurant

Shite like these Palestine protests are killing the city centre too. I just avoid town completely on a Saturday now as the place is hijacked every week by people shouting about whatever cause is in vogue this week.

Literally NOTHING is going to change in Gaza because of a few hundred people walking around Cork with flags.

There's a lot at stake over these coming months for the hospitality industry.
There was carol singing outside the GPO one day just before Christmas (whoda guessed?!) and this little wanker of a woman was waving a massive Palestinian flag over the faces of the singers for about ten minutes. She was smiling away like a maniac as everyone just endured her.

Lee, Here is what I know from growing up in a pub for better or worse , There are many anecdotal cases to prove what I’m maintaining. 1) drop your prices ,go out of business in 18 months , 2) keep your prices the same ,go out of business in 30 mths, 3) keep up your prices and you will survive ,if you are sound, Number 3 does not factor Black Swan events or bad Gov policy . You can apply this to a private life as well in fact to each of us ,move or die ,innovate and overcome, Gunny Tom Highway.

She is full of some amount of shit.

She posts a photo of a Garda standing on a busy city centre street, and arrives at the conclusion that he is doing security for McDonalds because he is standing outside one?

That post makes Sinn Fein look like Mensa.
JHC almighty.this is what I’m on about ,the contempt for the self employed,
This is a franchise ,they spend a huge amount of money on private security because we have no detterant policing in Ireland ,
The ignorance is shocking ,lost for words ,Saturday gin hunzos feck me

JHC almighty.this is what I’m on about ,the contempt for the self employed,
This is a franchise ,they spend a huge amount of money on private security because we have no detterant policing in Ireland ,
The ignorance is shocking ,lost for words ,Saturday gin hunzos feck me
I once served Lorna Bogue in a pub I used work in which you didn't own but had a tenuous connection to.

She drank Beamish, no problem putting a bit of coin into the pockets of a multinational like Heineken.

Just make sure she doesn't see a Garda standing outside Lady's well Brewery, or there'll be trouble.

Fantastic response thanks.

I always thought that the superpub with food was because the old model of just serving pints wasn't profitable.

The costs you mentioned in the restaurants are eye watering and shock me! There must only be a few doing well as if your wage costs is 50% at times it simply means that your net revenue is poor. Add on all the shit now, energy, insurance, rates and you're losing money quickly.

I always wondered why restaurants were usually so sensitive to minimum wage but this probably make sense why. That said , we're in an expensive economy and think all staff need to be paid correctly to reflect costs.

Last piece of the puzzle is profit margin, what's acceptable. Know one business who made 40% profit last year and moaning about min wage, that's the shit that annoys me.
If you are hearing that it’s time for an Audit ,
I’d say a good year is 6 %

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Toucan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Dr Herringbone Dread

The Pav, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼