Kino goes BANG!

Anne St as far as I know.

The Kino is due to be demolished for a new student apartments and cultural venue apparently.

Sad to read that. Nice enough old stone building. But i guess the insatiable drive for student accommodation must be sated. Hopefully it won't be a soulless construct done on the cheap that'll look lousy within a couple of years.

Was discussing North Gate recently with a friend and for an entrance to the old city that could have had some class about it 'twas totally butchered with poor buildings.

Sad to read that. Nice enough old stone building. But i guess the insatiable drive for student accommodation must be sated. Hopefully it won't be a soulless construct done on the cheap that'll look lousy within a couple of years.

Was discussing North Gate recently with a friend and for an entrance to the old city that could have had some class about it 'twas totally butchered with poor buildings.

Love old stonemasonry work, we are moving away from creating character.

Sad to see it go, but the boys will find another venue I'm sure. They've been getting a good deal with St Luke's. City council is the landlord.

Kino was good for gigs but wasn't perfect either.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Teachers Lounge (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4pm

More events ▼