Kino goes BANG!

Ahhh the Kino....long before its existance,it was another venue for cultural activity and social entertainment.....a pool hall/gaming arcade :)
I had my first cigarette inside there in 1980 as i had spotted my older sister smoking with her bff,Brenda Lynch.The sis gave me a ciggie to shut me up and i puked my heart up when i got home.I can still remember lying on the couch with a damp facecloth across my forehead and i 'white as a ghost' and my mam asking me if i had eaten something "gone off".
The name of the place back then was called 'The Pool Centre'.
It served a lot more people during tough times(going on the hop from school);-)

Ahhh the Kino....long before its existance,it was another venue for cultural activity and social entertainment.....a pool hall/gaming arcade :)
I had my first cigarette inside there in 1980 as i had spotted my older sister smoking with her bff,Brenda Lynch.The sis gave me a ciggie to shut me up and i puked my heart up when i got home.I can still remember lying on the couch with a damp facecloth across my forehead and i 'white as a ghost' and my mam asking me if i had eaten something "gone off".
The name of the place back then was called 'The Pool Centre'.
It served a lot more people during tough times(going on the hop from school);-)

It was called “Pot Black.”

You are fake news

Sad

:sad:

Pot Black - full of southside scobes.

Furthest south I ventured to play pool back in the day before graduating to the Cork Pool Leagues was a place upstairs on St Augustine Street. Can't remember the name of the place. It had a decent juke-box too.

Pot Black - full of southside scobes.

Furthest south I ventured to play pool back in the day before graduating to the Cork Pool Leagues was a place upstairs on St Augustine Street. Can't remember the name of the place. It had a decent juke-box too.

Top pool?

Top pool was down the side of queens old castle,

If you mean down the southern side of QOC (St Augustine Street) then that must have been it.

Anyone here remember I think it was called The Casbah? Upstairs over where the back of Larry Tompkins bar is now. Late 1970s very early 1980s.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼