• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get that those are primarily hurling clubs but those are some of the most pitiful results I’ve seen in a long time. Would be better off in the Junior C championship if that’s what they’re sending out.

Are the hurlers just not committing or what’s going on in places like this? We’ve got a ton of lads playing duel and whilst it’s tough, we manage reasonably well given the situation, no way would the club feck one code in favour of the other (granted I imagine we’ve more numbers than Russell Rovers so there is that to fall back on).

What about genuine small junior B clubs from Beara/Duhallow etc when one of these far bigger Intermediate /senior hurling clubs decide to have a cut off the B football....rock up some year with their full strength side and are playing a grade or two below where they should be.

The board are slipping up here tbh. They shouldn't accomdate these clubs cos they're not bothering their arse putting any effort into football. Tell them suffer on at Junior A for a few years or get their act together imo.

Diarmuid O Mathuna's beat Fr O'Neill's in the Junior B county final on Saturday - the competition for junior B only clubs, clubs whose first adult team is junior B (though in saying that I remember FON being 'A' not that long ago and playing in the county 'A' knockout rounds).

Yes, boards should be more proactive in ensuring fair competition in these championships. 7-30 to 0-3 does no one any favours.

Think it was the right decision to cull a bunch of bottom level Junior A teams into the B championship from this season personally, a lot of sides were stuck in a rut at the bottom rung of a loaded A championship which huge discrepancies across the divisions, will take awhile to sort out still and some very onesided games did occur, the likes of Kilmeen are clearly levels above, say Lough Rovers or Grange, but I think overall it will lead to a few more clubs getting their houses in order as the threat of relegation from the A championship hangs over them and will even out (hopefully) over time (combined with the open county Junior C championship that Ballyphehane just won). The introduction of Premier Junior should help going forward and would also favour the scrapping of divisions at A level.

It's a difficult one, as there's always going to be a few clubs who just won't give a shite about one code or the other and if they take it seriously will have numbers to beat much smaller clubs.

I do think the above results are more on Imokilly though, football championship's there have been a mess for some time now, Midleton being unable to field this weekend also is just another clear example of how poor a state football is in east Cork (for the most part).

Think it was the right decision to cull a bunch of bottom level Junior A teams into the B championship from this season personally, a lot of sides were stuck in a rut at the bottom rung of a loaded A championship which huge discrepancies across the divisions, will take awhile to sort out still and some very onesided games did occur, the likes of Kilmeen are clearly levels above, say Lough Rovers or Grange, but I think overall it will lead to a few more clubs getting their houses in order as the threat of relegation from the A championship hangs over them and will even out (hopefully) over time (combined with the open county Junior C championship that Ballyphehane just won). The introduction of Premier Junior should help going forward and would also favour the scrapping of divisions at A level.

It's a difficult one, as there's always going to be a few clubs who just won't give a shite about one code or the other and if they take it seriously will have numbers to beat much smaller clubs.

I do think the above results are more on Imokilly though, football championship's there have been a mess for some time now, Midleton being unable to field this weekend also is just another clear example of how poor a state football is in east Cork (for the most part).
From what I gather from talking to a few lads, after the clubs that I named above that dropped to B in imokilly, the rest apart from Midleton all have taken the competition serious.

Good to know, O’Neills seem to be taking the B serious too and were competitive with the relegated Carbery teams so they could presumably replace Midleton in a more competitive Imokilly championship going forward.

Result from Churchtown this evening.
Buttevant 4-10
Ballyclough 0- 10
Buttevant never really had to find the extra gear tonight but it was a valiant effort from a Ballyclough side who have very good individual players. Colm O'Neill was in goal and his kicking was worth the entry fee, right foot, left foot. Inch percent. Saved a penalty from the impressive Mark Lenahan. Buttevant look strong and are well coached but they're very top heavy. Outstanding forwards but their backs don't inspire confidence into me. It's do or die with Buttevant this year. A North Cork is as good as a county now and they won't fear Charleville. Word in the stand tonight was Cork u20 Conor Hanlon is after doing his ankle again and he could prove to be a huge loss to them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ar House Ar Fad

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼