• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Result from Churchtown this evening.
Buttevant 4-10
Ballyclough 0- 10
Buttevant never really had to find the extra gear tonight but it was a valiant effort from a Ballyclough side who have very good individual players. Colm O'Neill was in goal and his kicking was worth the entry fee, right foot, left foot. Inch percent. Saved a penalty from the impressive Mark Lenahan. Buttevant look strong and are well coached but they're very top heavy. Outstanding forwards but their backs don't inspire confidence into me. It's do or die with Buttevant this year. A North Cork is as good as a county now and they won't fear Charleville. Word in the stand tonight was Cork u20 Conor Hanlon is after doing his ankle again and he could prove to be a huge loss to them.
Is Pat Spratt involved with Buttevant?

As North Cork said, Joey O'Hanlon is involved.
I believe if this Buttevant team is finally going to go the extra step then Joey is the man to do it. There are lads that would go through walls for him.
Pat had proposed a 5 year plan with Buttevant Gaa going back a few years now and the plan was for them to be senior at the end of it, in year 1 they won the Avondhu and were beaten by Knocknagree in the county. Knocknagree went on to be senior in 5 years. I'd say JF Daly must have robbed the plans off him that day.
Buttevants attacking play is operating at a much higher grade than Junior, but they don't have any backs in the club that stand out. John Buckley plays wing forward for them but I've always been impressed with him at centre back. Whoever beats them (if they lose) will beat them in an all out shootout rather than a tactical battle. They've been an up and coming team for a long time. It's about time they start adding a few medals to the collection

I believe if this Buttevant team is finally going to go the extra step then Joey is the man to do it. There are lads that would go through walls for him.
Pat had proposed a 5 year plan with Buttevant Gaa going back a few years now and the plan was for them to be senior at the end of it, in year 1 they won the Avondhu and were beaten by Knocknagree in the county. Knocknagree went on to be senior in 5 years. I'd say JF Daly must have robbed the plans off him that day.
Buttevants attacking play is operating at a much higher grade than Junior, but they don't have any backs in the club that stand out. John Buckley plays wing forward for them but I've always been impressed with him at centre back. Whoever beats them (if they lose) will beat them in an all out shootout rather than a tactical battle. They've been an up and coming team for a long time. It's about time they start adding a few medals to the collection
In Michael O Neill they have a potential great player if he can stay injury free ....i know it was u17 but the way he grabbed the Minor Final in 2019 was outstanding ...

Hope Buttevant can make the breakthrough, I have been watching them for almost 50 years . So much talent over the years, but never get it together. Fowley the Linnihan's Michael o Neill all top players

Hope Buttevant can make the breakthrough, I have been watching them for almost 50 years . So much talent over the years, but never get it together. Fowley the Linnihan's Michael o Neill all top players
Don't think Fowley is playing this year. He had a falling out with the club a few years ago but he played again last year but he hasn't featured for either their first or second team in championship so far, I've been to their 3 football championship games and haven't seen him on the line either.
The underage talent they've had in recent years could rival any club in the county. Mark Lenahan, Michael O'Neill, Ryan Fowley, Seamus Madigan, Gavin Carey, Conor O'Hanlon Diarmuid Doody and Ronan Donovan were all cork minors or cork u20's in the last 6 years or so. It's about time they took the next step. The lads they have that weren't Cork minors wouldn't be bad players either. On paper they're a phenomenally strong team, shame it's not played on paper

Predictions for Muskerry Championship Games this weekend:
Friday 23rd:
Clondrohid Vs Dripsey: Tight game but going to tip Dripsey by a small margin, seem to have got a nice bounce back coming up from Junior B. Clondrohid seem to be down a few from last year but might have a kick​
Ballincollig Vs Grenagh: If Ballincollig throw out a team anything half decent they'll win, Grenagh on a scary sharp decline​
Saturday 24th:
Aghinagh Vs Beal Atha: Aghinagh by a few points, Beal Atha will be set up defensively but reigning champs will grind out win​
Sunday 25th:
Kilmurry Vs Kilmicheal: Kilmurry by 10+ points, Kilmicheal can just try maintain them but Kilmurry too strong for this grade​
Canovee Vs Eire Og: Canovee by 5+ points, Eire Og juniors relatively strong up till now but will need a strong panel Vs Barr's friday night which inhand will hinder junior panel​

Don't think Fowley is playing this year. He had a falling out with the club a few years ago but he played again last year but he hasn't featured for either their first or second team in championship so far, I've been to their 3 football championship games and haven't seen him on the line either.
The underage talent they've had in recent years could rival any club in the county. Mark Lenahan, Michael O'Neill, Ryan Fowley, Seamus Madigan, Gavin Carey, Conor O'Hanlon Diarmuid Doody and Ronan Donovan were all cork minors or cork u20's in the last 6 years or so. It's about time they took the next step. The lads they have that weren't Cork minors wouldn't be bad players either. On paper they're a phenomenally strong team, shame it's not played on paper
Is the Broe lad playing, he was number 6 when Knocknagree beat them good player.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼