Junior A Football 2023

As I said in an earlier post, I think Barryroe are favourites due to their exciting young team and as Boom Boom said Kiely is a huge plus for them and a great driving force. As the week goes on I do feel Kilmacabea's experience of the past 6 or 7 years will count for something especially if its tight with 10/15 mins to go. They've a strong experienced spine with the Collins brothers, Hourihane, Jennings, Gore and Big Dan Donovan and wont be easily turned over. As mentioned again, both defences can concede alot so dont expect Derry or Jimmy McGuinness Donegal style football, Im expecting a very open game with plenty of scores and will say Barryroe to shade it but it really is too close to call a clear winner
Would have to fancy kilmacabea, barryroe been taken to extra time in last 2 outings by 2 average enough teams It must be said

Mitchelstown would have gone up in 2013, Glanworth in 2009 and Kildorrery lost a Junior A final in 2007, did they go up then? They did lost an Intermediate final to Valleys not long after.

Irregardless, Avondhu is probably in the middle somewhere, stronger than Duhallow which is massively depleted, but probably behind the likes of Muskerry and Carbery overall. Odd debate.
Yes 3 teams were promoted in 2007. The two finalists which were Kildorrey and Canovee and two losing semi finalists played off which Ballydesmond went up then after replay.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Tony Cantwell - Litterbox

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼