Junior A Football 2023

I tipped a Killavullen v Canovee county final a couple of months back. You can see them both clubs turning the corner again and that would make a nice traditional football final.
There was 1 or 2 others tipping Killavullen for Avondhu on here before I did but about 10 going very strong for Charleville.
I also tipped:
Barryroe in west cork tbc
Castlemagner in Duhallow
Ballinhassig in Carrigdhoun tbc
I called Nemo in the city wrong. Intermediate call ups killed their junior chances
I don’t know anything about East Cork junior football
Couldn't see past charleville myself. But all credit to Killavullen. Not a massive pick but very honest club

Couldn't see past charleville myself. But all credit to Killavullen. Not a massive pick but very honest club
Charleville were many peoples tip to win the county so you weren’t mad tipping them to win Avondhu. I read a post on here from someone about a fairly new backroom team in Killivullen this year and did some digging into that info myself and discovered it’s correct and that the team are a good bunch and were making serious progress.
I tipped Castlemagner, Canovee, Barryroe and Ballinhassig for different but solid enough reasons. I still would stick with those predictions but I’m least certain about Ballinhassig
Personally, maybe because I’m getting older, I love to see the traditional clubs being strong in hurling and football whether that’s at junior, intermediate or senior. Big returns for Castlemagner, Canovee and Killavullen and it would be nice to see them get back up the ranks again.

Killavulan in fairness won an Avondhu division very like Castlemagner in Duhallow.
Teams gone up in years previous so makes the competitions easier. Most of the first teams are now gone up to higher grades and the divisions are now like Junior B or C.
It's not the clubs fault and both clubs winning respective championships after so many years is a great honour to them.
I don't think however either of them will win a County.
Canovee or Kilmac for me.
IMO

I tipped a Killavullen v Canovee county final a couple of months back. You can see them both clubs turning the corner again and that would make a nice traditional football final.
There was 1 or 2 others tipping Killavullen for Avondhu on here before I did but about 10 going very strong for Charleville.
I also tipped:
Barryroe in west cork tbc
Castlemagner in Duhallow
Ballinhassig in Carrigdhoun tbc
I called Nemo in the city wrong. Intermediate call ups killed their junior chances
I don’t know anything about East Cork junior football
Who you tip to win it ?

Who you tip to win it ?
At the moment, I’d stick with Killavullen. With the experienced and ruthless fellas in there behind them now they will continue to improve over the county section, which is what is needed.
Canovee have been up to now a fitter faster outfit but maybe just not as much football as Killavullen. They have a very good Beara football man involved with them too

Killavulan in fairness won an Avondhu division very like Castlemagner in Duhallow.
Teams gone up in years previous so makes the competitions easier. Most of the first teams are now gone up to higher grades and the divisions are now like Junior B or C.
It's not the clubs fault and both clubs winning respective championships after so many years is a great honour to them.
IMO
I’d say there is no comparison whatsoever in the standards between the Duhallow and Avondhu junior championship.
Only 2 teams are gone from Avondhu in the last 15 years or so.. Ballyclough did go up but are back again. Duhallow junior has been decimated.
I’ve seen Kilmac play a good few times over the years and they’ve been disappointing under pressure, no way would will they be up to the heat to win a county junior final. Unless they’ve new players after coming through I see Barryroe if they turn up beating them next Friday by 2+

Heard much the same .their attitude after the bal match left a lot to be desired having "up the ra "blaring from a speaker in the dressing room when the bal managment were in wishing them the best wasn't a good call ...should be a good game tho as both sets of forwards are very fast .Barryroe probably have a worse defense and need to get their kickouts right as the bal midfield won most of them the last day
Do the Barryroe lads get all the sheep down in west cork or what?
No love for them on here anyway

IMO
☝️☝️☝️Bonkers view

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cathal Fitz

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼