Junior A Football 2023

Hi lads, making this thread for all the clubs who were left behind after the formation of premier junior for the 2023 season.
I love junior football in cork so would love to see how other divisions are fairing out throughout the year rather than looking up results on divisional websites.

I'm no Barry O' Mahony so don't have the inside word on all the happenings in Muskerry but championship draw has been made.
There's a very fair draw and every team would feel like they could compete which is great.
Kilmurry's promotion has made the ground a bit more level but Canovee & Aghinagh are the frontrunners in Midcork and I believe the winner of Muskerry will be there come the business end of the County stages.

1679500571549.png

Avondhu draw :

Group 1
Kilshanning
Mallow
Clyda Rovers
Fermoy

Group 2
Ballyclough
Charleville
Killavullen

Group 3
Ballyhooly
LC Gaels
Kilworth

Charleville could make extremely light work of this with Buttevant gone but fancy Killavullen to get out the group and go well after. They have some decent players and good people involved

Will be very interesting this year with all the divisional winners gone up, no Beara side also of course and Duhallow must be very depleted.

Would be fancying Canovee to have a good crack at the county and Muskerry is certainly one of the tougher divisions.

Carbery is wide open. Caheragh, Leap and Bal (Michael Shields is coaching them) will all fancy their chances. I’d expect Clon to come close to winning it, particularly if a couple of guys who are abroad come back and don’t make the senior team. Combine that with some really good young players and we have enough to make the semis or final. Maybe not enough to go all the way.

Duhallow gone very weak now, might be wrong but think Lyre are only first team left in JA, likes of kanturk, knocknagree would challenge but if lyre got their act together they should win it.
East Cork if even enough with teams like Bride Rovers, carrigtwohill, Carrignabhear, Cloyne etc but would fancy Bride Rovers here.
Avondhu would see Charleville and Kilworth as front runners with Ballyhooly & Killavullen possibly putting up to these two but it's Charleville again I'd go for.
Muskerry looks the most competitive of all the divisions but like stated above Canovee & Aghinagh would be the two to pick here.
Shields will have Ball we'll organised and tough to break down so they could be a dark horse for the county if they get out of Carbery.

6 teams in Duhallow championship, 1st round is as follows. Lyre v Castlemagner Knocknagree v Kanturk Kilbrin v Newmarket Disappointing the likes of Kiskeam and Rockchapel don’t have 2nd teams at this level. Millstreet too but with their 1st team now back at Premier Junior it was probably unlikely, same goes for Ballydesmond. I’d fancy Castlemagner to win it out but will probably find a few too strong in the county.

Muskerry are running a tight ship this year,
Any changes of dates or times of league games must be agreed between teams 2 weeks in advance of fixture.
An approach which was taken by the CCB for underage fixtures across the county last year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼