Junior A Football 2023

2 quarter finals in the Football mid cork this weekend:

Aghinagh Vs Grenagh: Both teams motoring well up to now. Going to be a very tough game with hard earned scores especially if weather is wet and windy as forecasted. Would say that Aghinagh will have more football than Grenagh and will win by 3-5 points. Winners will meet Canovee in a tough semi final

Eire Og Vs Kilmichael: I love the fairytail story of Kilmichael so far this year. Last few seasons they've very little championship wins in this competition and at the start of the year there was a lot of talk that they would drop down B. There is no doubt Kilmichael have a core of good footballers but squad depth could be the issue. I would be hoping they've a clean bill of health to mount a challenge. All that being said I do think Eire Og have been by far the strongest second team in the competition this year and will be very tough to beat. Close game gonna say Eire Og by the minimum but would love to be proven wrong. Semi final versus Scarra awaits
Agree with these two predictions.

Agree with your sentiments around our neighbours across the Lee also. There strong players are very strong, have a lot of good standard Junior A players but from number 13 down are weak which is their achilees heel over the years especially being dual.

Big weekend down West with the Carbery Quarter finals all on this weekend: Saturday 23rd:
Barryroe v Castlehaven in Ardfield at 5pm

Sunday 24th:
Tadgh MacCarthaigh v St Colums in Dunmanway at 2pm

Ballinascarthy v Argideen Rangers in Barryroe at 5:30pm

Kilmacabea v Carbery Rangers in Rossmore at 5:30pm

2 quarter finals in the Football mid cork this weekend:

Aghinagh Vs Grenagh: Both teams motoring well up to now. Going to be a very tough game with hard earned scores especially if weather is wet and windy as forecasted. Would say that Aghinagh will have more football than Grenagh and will win by 3-5 points. Winners will meet Canovee in a tough semi final

Eire Og Vs Kilmichael: I love the fairytail story of Kilmichael so far this year. Last few seasons they've very little championship wins in this competition and at the start of the year there was a lot of talk that they would drop down B. There is no doubt Kilmichael have a core of good footballers but squad depth could be the issue. I would be hoping they've a clean bill of health to mount a challenge. All that being said I do think Eire Og have been by far the strongest second team in the competition this year and will be very tough to beat. Close game gonna say Eire Og by the minimum but would love to be proven wrong. Semi final versus Scarra awaits
Two potentially excellent games in an excellent championship. Muskerry has potentially 3 of the top teams in the county.
I’m going
Aghinagh v Canovee
Scarra v Eire Og

Big weekend down West with the Carbery Quarter finals all on this weekend: Saturday 23rd:
Barryroe v Castlehaven in Ardfield at 5pm

Sunday 24th:
Tadgh MacCarthaigh v St Colums in Dunmanway at 2pm

Ballinascarthy v Argideen Rangers in Barryroe at 5:30pm

Kilmacabea v Carbery Rangers in Rossmore at 5:30pm
Some belters of games happening in west cork this weekend Corner forward.
Who do you expect to be in the semis? Is the draw made?
This weekend I’d go
Barryroe
Tadhg Mac
Argiddeen
Kilmacabea

Some belters of games happening in west cork this weekend Corner forward.
Who do you expect to be in the semis? Is the draw made?
This weekend I’d go
Barryroe
Tadhg Mac
Argiddeen
Kilmacabea
Id go with your selections aswell, Havens 2nd string wont be easily beaten while Barryroe might have one eye on the hurling next weekend but should edge past Haven.

Caheragh should have too much for a youthful Colums outfit, The O Driscolls will be the difference here again.

Bal v Timoleague is the tightest game to call here. Bal didnt play that well to get out of the group and might have one eye on the hurling next weekend. Timoleague can throw their full attention to football now and Sunday might be there day but this game could go either way.

Kilmac should get over Ross's 2nd string will little fuss. The word going around is Gore will be fit and his inclusion will only benefit the Leap/Glandore outfits chances. They went kind of under their radar during the group stage but have the experience and some nice young talent to get over Ross, who are depending on some old stagers and young guns.

The semi final draw is:

Barryroe/Castlehaven v Kilmacabea/Carbery Rangers

Tadgh Mac/Colums v Bal/Timoleague

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

29th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Pontious Pilate & The Naildrivers

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼