George O'Callaghan interview following his move to Tranmere

Georgie was always a bit deluded ...he was talented enough to be a top class LOI player, but had nowhere near the dedication and mental toughness needed to make it in the top two tiers of English football - his last sojourn proved that ...AGAIN...

I sincerely wish him all the best in this latest mini cruise ...but I feel that at 28 or so he has missed the show boat ...

nobody but nobody will remember george o'callaghan in 10 years from now and he needs to know that. i feel really sorry for him. whats he going to dio when he is packed up and has to do a normal 9 to 5 job. that is pain hes ego will not be able to take. i fancy we will find him in a doorway in town some evening with nothing but a hand full of stories for whoever will buy him a pint. such a pity.

I think some of the comments in here are very harsh. I thought he was going to say something unreasonable.

Agreed he might sound arrogant and ungrateful in interviews from time to time but he did good things for Cork City FC and played a major part in the win in 2005 and thats what he should be judged on.

If he wants to try to make it (again) in the UK let him off. We all saw how he came crawling back before so there's no need to start pouting about him being happy to move on.

He's not insinuating that Tranmere will sell jerseys in Cork. Granted there are probably very few Tranmere supporters in Cork (probably some Merseyside exiles running about here and there) but its just a light off-the-cuff piece at the end of the interview. Don't be childish blowing his comments out of proportion.

Why not, his own ego has blown his perceptions of his own skills out of proportion.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

An Audience With Liverpool Legends

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼