George O'Callaghan interview following his move to Tranmere

Where is Tranmere ?
I don't think I've ever heard of footballer who has ever played there or come from there.
You might as well say " I've been signed by Athletico Isle of Man. "

And everyone will have there jerseys too and youd be suprised how many people follw them in cork

George ocallaghan is a grade A wanker and i hope he fails with every bone in my body

I have been a fan of Georgie's since the "O'Flynn and O'Callaghan show" came to town back in the day. I am gutted by how far he has fallen in the estimation of so many fans. I think he is a troubled man whose talents have been diverted by personal issues. Better that his career fades in front of an English team than at home in front of his friends and supporters. I never imagined that I would write there words but it is good for City, and for him, that he is gone.

his only personal issue is that if he we made of choclate hed eat himself.he has to high an opinion of himself and his skills. yes he has the talent but so do the other 10 players on the pitch with him and it seems he thinks they are holding him back

I think some of the comments in here are very harsh. I thought he was going to say something unreasonable.

Agreed he might sound arrogant and ungrateful in interviews from time to time but he did good things for Cork City FC and played a major part in the win in 2005 and thats what he should be judged on.

If he wants to try to make it (again) in the UK let him off. We all saw how he came crawling back before so there's no need to start pouting about him being happy to move on.

He's not insinuating that Tranmere will sell jerseys in Cork. Granted there are probably very few Tranmere supporters in Cork (probably some Merseyside exiles running about here and there) but its just a light off-the-cuff piece at the end of the interview. Don't be childish blowing his comments out of proportion.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼