gardai and judiciary allow kids get raped again.

The man had earlier been convicted in a district court in Donegal for two incidents of indecent assault at the same school in 1985 and 1986. He was registered as a sex offender and received a six-month suspended sentence.

Garda Denise Casserly told Patricia McLaughlin, prosecuting, that the man was not identified in the local papers at the time and he returned to work in the same school, where he went on to abuse the boys four years later.

This really beggars belief.

What about the management at the school? I am baffled as how this could slip under the radar. I would have thought a school caretaker would be vetted and a background check be done. Was he charged previously for the earlier abuse there?

I have no idea how they let him back to be honest.

The school must have had some idea of what had happened, you would have thought, or even if they didnt he was surely breaching the terms of the suspension of his sentence by working with children and the gardai could have intervened.

While he may not have been identified locally, it's inconceivable that it wouldn't have been known in the school, so unless there was a complete churn of staff (very unlikely), you'd wonder how it could happen.

Although, in this country, the answer is probably nepotism or pull.

I have no idea how they let him back to be honest.

The school must have had some idea of what had happened, you would have thought, or even if they didnt he was surely breaching the terms of the suspension of his sentence by working with children and the gardai could have intervened.

You're making a very big assumption that they knew.

Especially in Donegal where nobody will talk to the gardai.

Thats pretty god-damn revolting.

The justice system spectacularly failed those children.

Tbph, what do you do with serial offenders like this. In this instance this individual was clearly not in any way rehabilitated and worse still he was allowed to occupy a position where he had access to children. Imo repeat offenders like this clearly have no place in society as they are only going to harm more children.

The current system of lax sentencing and failing to monitor these individuals after they have served their sentence is clearly deeply flawed. This fella clearly needed to be strictly monitored. As it stands he has done irreparable damage to several young lives and should NEVER be allowed to do so again.

Also I would have assumed anyone in a position where they work with children would be subject to a Garda background check for previous convictions? Thats the way it it with teachers like.

Some fuck up between the school authorities, the guards and the courts allowed this to happen. Heads should roll.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼