free speech

I know Gript are a pack of chancers but I'm surprised they were able to wrangle an interview from Musk.

He’s been very open that he wants to interfere in elections in several countries including Ireland. That he’d speak to a far right sham ‘media organisation’ like Gript is consistent with that.

He’s already said he’ll fund legal challenges to the Hate Speech Bill.

I know Gript are a pack of chancers but I'm surprised they were able to wrangle an interview from Musk.

Pretty big scalp alright.

The likes of RTE or the Irish Times could only dream of getting an exclusive interview with the world's wealthiest man.

It just goes to show how draconian McEntee's hate crime legislation is that it is garnering such international attention.

He’s been very open that he wants to interfere in elections in several countries including Ireland. That he’d speak to a far right sham ‘media organisation’ like Gript is consistent with that.

He’s already said he’ll fund legal challenges to the Hate Speech Bill.
I’m by no means and fan of gript or Musk but I do enjoy how gript’s reporters get stuck into Varadkar, he absolutely hates the sight of them :lol!:

I’m not a fan of Musk either but he’s on the money about this bill, it’s complete nonsense and should be shot down

I’m by no means and fan of gript or Musk but I do enjoy how gript’s reporters get stuck into Varadkar, he absolutely hates the sight of them :lol!:

I’m not a fan of Musk either but he’s on the money about this bill, it’s complete nonsense and should be shot down
His concerns about the bill are little to do with his passion for free speech. He’s worried that it’ll impact X profits. The number of right/far right accounts on X is more noticeable since he took over. Not that Twitter ever took any serious action against hate speech and online bullying to begin with.

No fan of Varadkar but he’s right not to engage with Gript. Unlike most media outlets they do not operate in good faith and have an agenda.

Last edited:
His concerns about the bill are little to do with his passion for free speech. He’s worried that it’ll impact X profits. The number of right/far right accounts on X is more noticeable since he took over. Not that Twitter ever took any serious action against hate speech and online bullying to begin with.

No fan of Varadkar but he’s right not to engage with Gript. Unlike most media outlets they do not operate in good faith and have an agenda.
I agree with you on Musk we don’t need billionaire business men sticking their nose in to suit there own agenda however him involved does put a good spot light on how shambolic this bill is.

I think this government have enough to be doing rather putting energy into what I can and cannot see online, I’m an adult and Im well able to make up my own mind about things I see online rather than having it filtered for me by FFG.

This is a very dangerous road we are going down and it needs to be stopped at source immediately.

:lol!: :lol!:

Yup.

Its a terrible piece of legislation that should never have gotten this far.

It’s quite funny, people moaning about this legislation, yet I’ve asked several times here to be shown or linked to the wording of the legislation that is causing so much umbrage.
I’m open to joining the outrage.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼