firewire audio interface, madtheory, lookin at you in particular...

paulie said:
I bought the emu 1616m, and can guarantee that it's PCMCIA and not PCI...
Ah, right. I see those ones are PCMCIA. I didn't know there was PCI express for laptops. Confusing! And annoying...

paulie said:
as for the feedback, you would think that, but the sound I got out of the edirol was so much tighter (with regards feedback) than previously... considering nothing else was different (except for using an external preamp)... surely the hardware counts for something??
Not in the case of feedback. It's highly unlikely that card had anything other than a flat frequency response. Maybe there was a compressor in the chain somewhere?

I agree on the M Box- it now represents quite poor value for money with PT M Powered available. OK, you don't get the Sans Amp plugin, but more inputs and outputs is FAR more useful, especially if you already have a mixer with good mic pres. The M Audio mic pres are not great, certainly not as good as the Focusrites in the M Box.

Nicewanbiy said:
How's tricks out in Canada man?? Hope you're keeping well, any gigs planned?

tricks are good... have my first gig on June 9th as part of the montreal fringe festival... should be interesting...

I suggest you check out one of the MOTU boxes. Highly regarded, very solid drivers on the Mac. I'm using an M Audio Firewire 1814, it's excellent. I think you should look into their stuff again. The standard of their drivers is vastly improved over the Win 2000/ OS9 versions. You could bring your machine to my studio and check it out for an hour if you like.

Are you using a laptop?

Hi madtheory - I know this post is from a while back so I'm wondering if this model of the MOTU you use is still around (can't find it on Thomann). I'm looking for a sound card to use with Abelton live and need it to have 8-outs. A friend recommended the MOTU Ultralite if you've ever heard of it. Want to use it for live performances.

Cheers.

Hi madtheory - I know this post is from a while back so I'm wondering if this model of the MOTU you use is still around (can't find it on Thomann). I'm looking for a sound card to use with Abelton live and need it to have 8-outs. A friend recommended the MOTU Ultralite if you've ever heard of it. Want to use it for live performances.

Cheers.

i'm using a motu 828 with a adat D-2-A converter to get 16 outs from ableton.

the motu 828 will give you 8 if thats all you need, firewire interface.

mines a mk1, had it years but does job for me.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

BoolaBoom

Levis Corner House, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼