Cyclists

If you as a motorist came around a corner and saw a lady or gentleman on horseback on the left hand side of the road would you perform a "Punishment pass?"

Yes or no?

One more time for the hard of reading - I have NEVER performed a "punishment pass". :roll:

When I encounter horses on the road - getting rarer these days - I always exercise extreme caution as the horse could be easily startled and would likely cause serious damage not only to its rider but possibly to me and my vehicle.

I also exercise caution with big artics and busses turning corners where they frequently would come into my lane to make a turn - Parliament Bridge is one such place where busses/artics in the right hand lane going over the bridge cut into the left hand lane to make the turn.

Just because someone on the road is entitled to be in the lane, discretion can be the better part of valour when encountering people driving a much larger vehicle - sure if there's a collision you'd be in the right but it's scant consolation if you're injured that you were in your own lane when hit by the bus/truck.

That's why when I cycle I'm very aware of traffic around me, give signals in good time, obey the rules of the road, and I cycle defensively - my own health and safety is a priority to me.

Saw this on Twitter this afternoon from Eoin English:

@EoinBearla
Traffic Corps gardai cautioned 14 cyclists in 90-mins during an operation in #Cork city this morning focused on poor cyclist behaviour, breaking red traffic lights and cycling on footpaths. Operation continues

@EoinBearla
Traffic Corps gardai cautioned 14 cyclists in 90-mins during an operation in #Cork city this morning focused on poor cyclist behaviour, breaking red traffic lights and cycling on footpaths. Operation continues

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw an utter ghoul-bag the other evening at about 5:30PM cycling on the footpath heading out past Bel Air towards Douglas - no lights on his bike front or back and he was cycling along with his arms folded in a "how cool am I (but I'm really a f*cktard) " kinda way.

Of course according to Honky cyclists cycling on footpaths rarely happens :roll: 14 miscreant cyclists done in 90 minutes - brilliant!

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw an utter ghoul-bag the other evening at about 5:30PM cycling on the footpath heading out past Bel Air towards Douglas - no lights on his bike front or back and he was cycling along with his arms folded in a "how cool am I (but I'm really a f*cktard) " kinda way.

Of course according to Honky cyclists cycling on footpaths rarely happens :roll: 14 miscreant cyclists done in 90 minutes - brilliant!

You are kidding..........................

there is a Bel Air in Cork, does the Fresh Prince live there?
:)

@EoinBearla

Delighted to see it. The more of those pricks who get caught, the safer the rest of us will be, because it will reduce the chronic rage levels of soundy and his ilk.

How long would it take to catch 14 motorists breaking the law? 9 minutes?

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cyclist caught every 6 or 7 minutes? that’s hardly big numbers SoundY. I would be confident that if they did it with vehicles the number would be significantly higher, and guess what.. they might have actually caught a few road users likely to actually hurt others by breaking the lights.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼