Cyclists

Saw this on Twitter this afternoon from Eoin English:

@EoinBearla
Traffic Corps gardai cautioned 14 cyclists in 90-mins during an operation in #Cork city this morning focused on poor cyclist behaviour, breaking red traffic lights and cycling on footpaths. Operation continues

They should do this once a fortnight. Cyclists might start to change their behaviours.

Shame that nobody was charged.

They should do this once a fortnight. Cyclists might start to change their behaviours.

Shame that nobody was charged.

They should but, unfortunately this will be more once a yearly occurance at best, I'd say.

They should also think about trying to caution all the lads/lassies in cars, breaking lights all over the city everyday. Victoria Cross every morning is lethal. Never in the month of Sundays will you see a cop. I'd be far more worried about this than a few cyclists acting the ghoul.

Last edited:
They should but, unfortunately this will be more once a yearly occurance at best, I'd say.

They should think about trying to caution all the lads/lassies in cars breaking lights all over the city everyday. Victoria Cross every morning in lethal. Never in the months of Sundays will you see a cop. I'd be far more worried about this than a few cyclists acting the ghoul.

Well said. The amount of cars running red lights is unreal.

If they could stamp down on just this one behaviour there would be visible benefits for carists, cyclists and pedestrians.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

27th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼