Cyclists

I cyclist caught every 6 or 7 minutes? that’s hardly big numbers SoundY. I would be confident that if they did it with vehicles the number would be significantly higher, and guess what.. they might have actually caught a few road users likely to actually hurt others by breaking the lights.

Of course they would catch more vehicles as there are more vehicles on the road. Are you suggesting a cyclist breaking a red light doesn't hurt or have the potential to hurt anyone?

Saw this on Twitter this afternoon from Eoin English:

@EoinBearla
Traffic Corps gardai cautioned 14 cyclists in 90-mins during an operation in #Cork city this morning focused on poor cyclist behaviour, breaking red traffic lights and cycling on footpaths. Operation continues

given our guards track record on figures that should probably read four cyclists in 90 days.

Both apply surely unless we are going to have a debate about whether 2 tonnes + of automated metal is more likely to hurt you than 10lbs of pedal powered metal!

This was your post below, the implication was that cyclists going through lights don't hurt any one. So a cyclist going through a red light and hitting a pedestrian isn't doing any hurt? A motorist jamming on the brakes to avoid a cyclist gone through a red light and being rear ended isn't causing any hurt ?

I cyclist caught every 6 or 7 minutes? that’s hardly big numbers SoundY. I would be confident that if they did it with vehicles the number would be significantly higher, and guess what.. they might have actually caught a few road users likely to actually hurt others by breaking the lights.

You are kidding..........................

there is a Bel Air in Cork, does the Fresh Prince live there?
:)

You never heard of Bel Air? It's on the Douglas Road on the left as you head out towards Douglas, about 100 yards beyond the entrance to St Finbarr's hospital, at the traffic lights. Are you even from Cork :confused:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sugababes

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼