Cyclists

How many times do you want me to repeat

Do you wish to contest the factuality of any of these (now repeated) aforementioned statements?

1: Technology already exists to read QR codes on vehicles (including bicycles) at speeds of up to 30kph

2: In certain jurisdictions QR coding on bicycles already exists

3: The Rules Of The Road (ROTR) apply to all road users, yes even to cyclists

4: Prosecuting those who don't adhere to the ROTR tends to ensure that the majority of people would adhere to the ROTR

5: Greater adherence to the ROTR makes travel on our roads safer for EVERYBODY

6: Ireland has already been the first in the world to implement regulations that have benefited society at large albeit putting some restrictions on a section of society.

If you can't contradict any of the above then it's pretty clear that you've... run out of road ;)
lol.. fast forward to 2032 and the only thing that will have changed in this thread is the name of the posters SoundY is happily having the same repeat argument with

Gorilla Beating Chest Gif GIFs | Tenor

You have decided that QR technology doesn't work because the size is both too small to be seen and too big to be fitted on a bicycle, despite photographic examples of how this exact same technology is fitted on bicycles, and studies done showing it can be read on a similar sized plate at speeds of up to 30 kph when applied to a different application.

At the same time you claim that the QR technology that you claim is both too small to read and too big to put on a bicycle, is doomed to failure based on the fact that it has not been used before for this specific purpose.

Now that transponder technology has been suggested as an example that can't be disputed on a functionality basis, you have shifted your stance to this being a good idea only if applied to other road users except cyclists.
This completely ignores that fact if cyclists had transponders this would be an asset to Gardai, when investigating the very same RTAs involving cyclist deaths that you have decided are grounds for a them being excluded from this concept.

You want accountability from other road users and not from cyclists.

Ive decided that QR tech to catch cyclists breaking red lights don't work... because I have not seen it work in the real world, and no jurisdiction on earth has a working system in place.
You on the other hand life in fantasy land, where your inner Hitler is aroused on the thought of catching some random cyclist breaking a red light.

Meanwhile two days ago a man out walking in Galway was killed by a car. You don't give a fuck about him or his family.

Not really, I just don't have the time or energy to be engaging in pointless drivel anymore. Your man Jack made the point that bikes aren't as lethal as cars. As far as I know no cyclist has been the main cause of any of the many fatal car collisions that occur. I was simply agreeing with him. Maybe we should focus our attention on people like this.

Well our resident idiots on here will get a great kick from that. Its the cyclists fault of course, or something... not the scumbag who deliberately used a car as a weapon to assault someone going about their business.
But the real problem on our roads are not scumbags in cars, or maniac drivers, or any drivers who kill people. Its the random cyclists who breaks a red light. All effort needs to go into catching them.

You can vehemently criticise that driver for being a complete c*nt and hope he gets severely dealt with, while at the same time being critical of cyclists who don't care about the ROTR.

Have we ever seen one of these videos where a scumbag on a bike deliberalty crashes into a pedestrain or someone else.
Why are they always in a car?

There might be a hint in there somewhere soundy?

You have knocked back every suggestion made here to catch cyclists breaking the law. You are fooling no one, there are methods in place to catch motorists, not 100% but methods are there, plus they have an identification.
You have no issues with cyclists breaking lights, shur it is harmless, they won't kill anyone. That isn't the point, it's against the law.
There are bigger fish to fry on our roads then getting off on implementing some brainless and expensive concept to catch the odd cyclist. Thats just the reality of it.

How many times do you want me to repeat

Do you wish to contest the factuality of any of these (now repeated) aforementioned statements?

1: Technology already exists to read QR codes on vehicles (including bicycles) at speeds of up to 30kph

2: In certain jurisdictions QR coding on bicycles already exists

3: The Rules Of The Road (ROTR) apply to all road users, yes even to cyclists

4: Prosecuting those who don't adhere to the ROTR tends to ensure that the majority of people would adhere to the ROTR

5: Greater adherence to the ROTR makes travel on our roads safer for EVERYBODY

6: Ireland has already been the first in the world to implement regulations that have benefited society at large albeit putting some restrictions on a section of society.

If you can't contradict any of the above then it's pretty clear that you've... run out of road ;)

Repeating the same points, when I have debunked them doesn't make it true.
So you can stop copying and pasting.

Well our resident idiots on here will get a great kick from that. Its the cyclists fault of course, or something... not the scumbag who deliberately used a car as a weapon to assault someone going about their business.
Really, this was Sound_y's below response to the video. You really do yourself no favours with idiotic carte-blanche description of posters here. I, like most here want every road user prosecuted for breaking the law no matter what mode of transport. You want to give cyclists a free pass because "they don't kill" anyone which is complete and utter crap.

Absolutely scumbags like that driver should be tracked down and have the book thrown at him for what he did. But it's not an either-or situation.

You can vehemently criticise that driver for being a complete c*nt and hope he gets severely dealt with, while at the same time being critical of cyclists who don't care about the ROTR.

Ive decided that QR tech to catch cyclists breaking red lights don't work... because I have not seen it work in the real world, and no jurisdiction on earth has a working system in place.
You deciding something doesn't work has fuck all scientific validity, especially in the case of something that has been tested with measurable results that you refuse to accept.
You on the other hand life in fantasy land, where your inner Hitler is aroused on the thought of catching some random cyclist breaking a red light.
Oh look. Its Godwin's law. How expected.
Meanwhile two days ago a man out walking in Galway was killed by a car.
Should I be happy you haven't posted a photo of the chap in question as a visual aid to your diatribe?
You don't give a fuck about him or his family.
This is just the childish kind of retort to expect from a fuckwit who uses rape analogies.

You are total bullshitter and no doubt a terrible cyclist.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Jimmy Lee

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼