Cyclists

What the fuck are you on about
Can you read?
Can you comprehend a sentence, a paragraph? Deduce what someone is trying to convey?

When you do come back to me as again you missed the main thrust of my post.

Do you wish to contest the factuality of any of these (now repeated) aforementioned statements?

1: Technology already exists to read QR codes on vehicles (including bicycles) at speeds of up to 30kph

2: In certain jurisdictions QR coding on bicycles already exists

3: The Rules Of The Road (ROTR) apply to all road users, yes even to cyclists

4: Prosecuting those who don't adhere to the ROTR tends to ensure that the majority of people would adhere to the ROTR

5: Greater adherence to the ROTR makes travel on our roads safer for EVERYBODY

6: Ireland has already been the first in the world to implement regulations that have benefited society at large albeit putting some restrictions on a section of society.

If you can't contradict any of the above then it's pretty clear that you've... run out of road ;)

bike-back-wheelarch-allblack_2.png

The logo on every bike share bike in Cork is a lot bigger than a postage stamp by the way.........

Not really, I just don't have the time or energy to be engaging in pointless drivel anymore. Your man Jack made the point that bikes aren't as lethal as cars. As far as I know no cyclist has been the main cause of any of the many fatal car collisions that occur. I was simply agreeing with him. Maybe we should focus our attention on people like this.

Absolutely scumbags like that driver should be tracked down and have the book thrown at him for what he did. But it's not an either-or situation.

You can vehemently criticise that driver for being a complete c*nt and hope he gets severely dealt with, while at the same time being critical of cyclists who don't care about the ROTR.

Up to now I have been reasonable and refrained from insulting you and discussed your posts unlike a lot replying to you here. But it's painfully clear that you don't want cyclists caught or reprimanded for breaking the rules. I guess I was very wrong and the rest of the forum are right about you.

How many times do you want me to repeat that I don't want anyone to break the law.
However, Im not going to play silly theoretical games about ways to catch cyclists when they are not the problem on our roads.
The problem on our roads are those who are killing people.

How many times do you want me to repeat that I don't want anyone to break the law.
However, Im not going to play silly theoretical games about ways to catch cyclists when they are not the problem on our roads.

How many times do you want me to repeat

Do you wish to contest the factuality of any of these (now repeated) aforementioned statements?

1: Technology already exists to read QR codes on vehicles (including bicycles) at speeds of up to 30kph

2: In certain jurisdictions QR coding on bicycles already exists

3: The Rules Of The Road (ROTR) apply to all road users, yes even to cyclists

4: Prosecuting those who don't adhere to the ROTR tends to ensure that the majority of people would adhere to the ROTR

5: Greater adherence to the ROTR makes travel on our roads safer for EVERYBODY

6: Ireland has already been the first in the world to implement regulations that have benefited society at large albeit putting some restrictions on a section of society.

If you can't contradict any of the above then it's pretty clear that you've... run out of road ;)

Not really, I just don't have the time or energy to be engaging in pointless drivel anymore. Your man Jack made the point that bikes aren't as lethal as cars. As far as I know no cyclist has been the main cause of any of the many fatal car collisions that occur. I was simply agreeing with him. Maybe we should focus our attention on people like this.

He sounds locked or severely limited intellectually, or both. He must have been wearing a head cam as his hands or on the wheel so given that the location and time of day would be known, it couldn't be that hard for AGS to spot a VW and possibly have a guy wearing a head cam on one of their cameras. There must also be some damage to the car

Dickhead should never be allowed on the road again

You have knocked back every suggestion made here to catch cyclists breaking the law. You are fooling no one, there are methods in place to catch motorists, not 100% but methods are there, plus they have an identification.
You have no issues with cyclists breaking lights, shur it is harmless, they won't kill anyone. That isn't the point, it's against the law.

🤔
It's only people who break the law fear FRT.
If it catches wrongdoers, not only cyclists, most sensible people without any predudices are in favour.
I'm certainly in favour of it to make our streets safer to walk, cycle and drive.

You are in a minority so.

51% of people polled do NOT trust the Gardai with FRT
69% of people polled do NOT trust government departments with FRT

The outcomes are even worse when it comes to big tech, banks and advertisers.

Note, that poll was asking a gernal question on who do you trust to use the technology.

If there was a apoll that stated would one be comfortable with the state have FRT on Irish streets where all CCTV infrastructure can monitor your day to day movements, Id imagine the results would even be worse than the poll above.

In otherwords, there is no widespread public support to use FRT on Irish streets to catch wrong doers. If you think there is, lobby you local TD.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Niamh Bury

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼