Cyclists

So are pedestrians who cross the road when there is no green man at the traffic lights.
Yet, we don't send them away to prison for life.
You missed the keyword in my post. Proportion.
You seem to have very autocratic and tyrannical tendencies. It comes across in your posts.
Me? I live in the real world and on our roads, it isn't cyclists or pedestrians who kill people, it's people in cars, vans and trucks. If road safety was someone's concern, then one would start there.
Those who are little Hitlers who want to send everyone on our roads away for even the most minor offence are fooling no one.
And ill repeat, I don't want anyone to break the law, but I'm not a little Hitler either.

"Proportion" :unsure: says the guy who talks of "prison for life" in connection with jaywalkers; facial recognition for all to track down some cyclist who might have broken a red light; and registration plates the size of a postage stamp; and yes, even Hitler!

Proportion???:oops:

Very ill indeed

:rolleyes:

So are pedestrians who cross the road when there is no green man at the traffic lights.
Yet, we don't send them away to prison for life.

You missed the keyword in my post. Proportion.

You seem to have very autocratic and tyrannical tendencies. It comes across in your posts.

Me? I live in the real world and on our roads, it isn't cyclists or pedestrians who kill people, it's people in cars, vans and trucks. If road safety was someone's concern, then one would start there.
Those who are little Hitlers who want to send everyone on our roads away for even the most minor offence are fooling no one.

And ill repeat, I don't want anyone to break the law, but I'm not a little Hitler either.
Up to now I have been reasonable and refrained from insulting you and discussed your posts unlike a lot replying to you here. But it's painfully clear that you don't want cyclists caught or reprimanded for breaking the rules. I guess I was very wrong and the rest of the forum are right about you.

Last edited:
It's about proportion.

As I said, if cyclists were killing hundreds of people (including children) per year, may you have a point. But since cyclists don't really kill anyone on our roads, but cars, vans and trucks do, perhaps we should look at pinging those people who ACTUALLY kill people? Makes sense right? If road safety was your goal, start there.

Why ping people who aren't the problem and who don't cause deaths and misery on Irish roads?

You have decided that QR technology doesn't work because the size is both too small to be seen and too big to be fitted on a bicycle, despite photographic examples of how this exact same technology is fitted on bicycles, and studies done showing it can be read on a similar sized plate at speeds of up to 30 kph when applied to a different application.

At the same time you claim that the QR technology that you claim is both too small to read and too big to put on a bicycle, is doomed to failure based on the fact that it has not been used before for this specific purpose.

Now that transponder technology has been suggested as an example that can't be disputed on a functionality basis, you have shifted your stance to this being a good idea only if applied to other road users except cyclists.
This completely ignores that fact if cyclists had transponders this would be an asset to Gardai, when investigating the very same RTAs involving cyclist deaths that you have decided are grounds for a them being excluded from this concept.

You want accountability from other road users and not from cyclists.

Facial Recognition Technology for the win.

I note that only two people are for that by the way, even the usual idiot residents shy away from it. I wonder why?
🤔
It's only people who break the law fear FRT.
If it catches wrongdoers, not only cyclists, most sensible people without any predudices are in favour.
I'm certainly in favour of it to make our streets safer to walk, cycle and drive.

"Proportion" :unsure: says the guy who talks of "prison for life" in connection with jaywalkers; facial recognition for all to track down some cyclist who might have broken a red light; and registration plates the size of a postage stamp; and yes, even Hitler!

Proportion???:oops:

Very ill indeed

:rolleyes:
What the fuck are you on about
Can you read?
Can you comprehend a sentence, a paragraph? Deduce what someone is trying to convey?

When you do come back to me as again you missed the main thrust of my post.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼