Cyclists

No, I'm deciding it won't work because there are no working examples, or peer-reviewed studies or case studies to show that it does work.
I see you are still pushing your argument from the ignorance fallacy.

Would it matter, as he is dead at the hands of a careless driver?
It was probably news to you, but a few people die per week on our roads. Perhaps you are not aware of that?

Does the truth hurt? Sounds like you are rattled.

Yet here you are, pushing the idea that cyclists should have some sort of transponder when they don't contribute to the carnage on our roads.
But people being killed by cars, Nah, you don't give a fuck, once your inner Hitler can fantasies about catching all those pesky cyclists breaking a red light. That's all that matters to you.

Godwins law twice in one day. A busted flush.

I actually just reply cause you are an entertaining fucking imbecile with a persecution complex.

Tell us more about how this all leads to a totalitarian dictatorship you utter buffoon.

No, I'm deciding it won't work because there are no working examples, or peer-reviewed studies or case studies to show that it does work.
I see you are still pushing your argument from the ignorance fallacy.

Would it matter, as he is dead at the hands of a careless driver?
It was probably news to you, but a few people die per week on our roads. Perhaps you are not aware of that?

Does the truth hurt? Sounds like you are rattled.

Yet here you are, pushing the idea that cyclists should have some sort of transponder when they don't contribute to the carnage on our roads.
But people being killed by cars, Nah, you don't give a fuck, once your inner Hitler can fantasies about catching all those pesky cyclists breaking a red light. That's all that matters to you.

hitlerbook.jpeg

This is the cyclist thread.
A pity they get such attention from our resident idiots then?
The Maniac Driver thread barely gets a peep.
Odd, don't you think?
that the motorists are always right and claiming that they should get away with their infractions and dangerous driving
And where are people saying that cyclists are always right.
Can you show me a post that says cyclists are always right?

A pity they get such attention from our resident idiots then?
The Maniac Driver thread barely gets a peep.
Odd, don't you think?
Not at all, I explained to you why, did you not understand? It was fairly straight forward. Constantly referring to people posting on this thread as "resident idiots" just shows up your own ignorance and idiocy.
I'm done replying to you now as you clearly have some deep rooted issues and it's pointless. Instead I shall watch from a distance as the "resident idiots" run rings around you. Have a nice evening.

Really, this was Sound_y's below response to the video. You really do yourself no favours with idiotic carte-blanche description of posters here. I, like most here want every road user prosecuted for breaking the law no matter what mode of transport. You want to give cyclists a free pass because "they don't kill" anyone which is complete and utter crap.
That seems a bit harsh, or maybe it needs fine tuning.

If I jay walk should I be prosecuted or fined, possibly, but where I see the difference between me breaking a light whilst on foot or behind the wheel of a car is if I fuck up whilst walking I am likely to get injured and whereas if I do it in a car someone else is likely to get injured along with myself potentially. The same applies to someone on a bike, therefore if we are to introduce penalties for all law breakers on the road I would contend they should be a large multiple for those driving vehicles than for those on bikes or on foot, due to the potential damage that can be caused by such actions.

Would 10 to 1 be reasonable due to the potential consequences?

So if it is 40 Euro for a cyclist breaking a light should it be 400 Euro for a motorist?

That seems a bit harsh, or maybe it needs fine tuning.

If I jay walk should I be prosecuted or fined, possibly, but where I see the difference between me breaking a light whilst on foot or behind the wheel of a car is if I fuck up whilst walking I am likely to get injured and whereas if I do it in a car someone else is likely to get injured along with myself potentially. The same applies to someone on a bike, therefore if we are to introduce penalties for all law breakers on the road I would contend they should be a large multiple for those driving vehicles than for those on bikes or on foot, due to the potential damage that can be caused by such actions.

Would 10 to 1 be reasonable due to the potential consequences?

So if it is 40 Euro for a cyclist breaking a light should it be 400 Euro for a motorist?

Ah, now we are getting somewhere.

It is of course obvious to anyone that different road users carry different consequences for the laws they break.
Jaywalking shouldn't have the same penalty as someone who breaks a red light in a truck.
If you jaywalk, you won't kill someone else, although you may put yourself in danger.
If you break a red light in a car, you could easily kill someone else.
There is the difference.

However, some people think all road users are exactly the same, and should be punished exactly the same.
The guy on the bike breaking a red light should be punished and treated exactly the same as the truck breaking the red light.
The gravity of the consequences aside.

It is of course stupid and its not how the road works. But this mere fact rattles people.

Not at all, I explained to you why, did you not understand? It was fairly straight forward. Constantly referring to people posting on this thread as "resident idiots" just shows up your own ignorance and idiocy.
I'm done replying to you now as you clearly have some deep rooted issues and it's pointless. Instead I shall watch from a distance as the "resident idiots" run rings around you. Have a nice evening.

Explain again so, as you seem to have a very black-and-white view of the world.
Every road user is exactly the same. That is your basic assumption.

you forgot unloved and uneducated.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Paco Peña
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

7th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼