Cyclists

How big was the QR code in that experiment?
Was it the size of a postage stamp?
How good were the cameras doing the experiment from a quality/framerate/pixels point of view?
Do we need to replace all cameras on Irish roads to a higher standard?

And of course, a QR code is useless to the human eye.
Postage stamp again? You are the only one suggesting that to be the size

It might help if you could construct actual sentences :ROFLMAO:

What does the publicly available data you refer to above show as the number who cycle more than once per day. And what does said data show about the use of the already provided cycle lanes?

Might be best if you stop guessing because you don't seem to even have a grasp on the blatantly obvious *ank. :cool:

I will explain it this way because you are slow.

Cycle lanes when built have been shown to increase the number of people cycling.
When more cycle lanes are built, it increases the number of people cycling even more.

Its.That.Simple

Earlier on the grand parade I saw a woman on a bike with a child in a carriage at the front, she was taking some risks dodging in and out of traffic.
Seriously dangerous behaviour.

The only danger is from idiot drivers. Perhaps we should be more careful on our roads?

How big was the QR code in that experiment?
Was it the size of a postage stamp?
How good were the cameras doing the experiment from a quality/framerate/pixels point of view?
Do we need to replace all cameras on Irish roads to a higher standard?

And of course, a QR code is useless to the human eye.

Well all the info is in the article so off you go if you want technical specifications.

In Japan they use QR codes for anti theft so something around this size would probably work:

qr-code-serial-number-ofo-bike-famous-bicycle-sharing-chia-people-can-use-phone-to-scan-input-to-open-93716478.jpg

QR codes are read by a scanner as you well know, so not only is this a foolproof technology for identifying a bicycle, it also ensures only legitimate cases with footage can actually be reported. The QR code can be read with 100% success rate at the speed a bicycle travels.

Surely this is a plus for those of us worried about big brother, privacy issues or the danger of malicious or vexatious reports.

I dont see why this would be such an issue if you are following the rules of the road.

No problem with that either, as I said previously, the only people that have a problem with some sort of bike registration markings or facial recognition are those that continually break the law and are happy to see others do it as well

Grand, you want to implement a technology that is used in dictatorships. You and Soundy can team up and lobby your local TD's to try and get this implemented on Irish streets and roads.

You wont get far though, but god loves a trier.

Well all the info is in the article so off you go if you want technical specifications.

In Japan they use QR codes for anti theft so something around this size would probably work:

qr-code-serial-number-ofo-bike-famous-bicycle-sharing-chia-people-can-use-phone-to-scan-input-to-open-93716478.jpg

QR codes are read by a scanner as you well know, so not only is this a foolproof technology for identifying a bicycle, it also ensures only legitimate cases with footage can actually be reported. The QR code can be read with 100% success rate at the speed a bicycle travels.

Surely this is a plus for those of us worried about big brother, privacy issues or the danger of malicious or vexatious reports.

I dont see why this would be such an issue if you are following the rules of the road.

If you think a dashcam or a traffic camera on an Irish road or street will be able to read the QR code or the number on the back of a saddle, I've some magic beans to sell you.

Again, show me ANYWHERE in the world that operates a reg plate/QR code successfully for the reasons you state. And don't come back with some shite like, 'why do we have to follow someone else'.

If you think a dashcam or a traffic camera on an Irish road or street will be able to read the QR code or the number on the back of a saddle, I've some magic beans to sell you.

Again, show me ANYWHERE in the world that operates a reg plate/QR code successfully for the reasons you state. And don't come back with some shite like, 'why do we have to follow someone else'.

Ah right. As you didn't know this concept existed until half an hour ago its remarkable that you are suddenly an expert on it.

Its pretty clear that accountability is a one way street in your case, as you are absolutely against the concept of bicycles being easily identifiable in the event they break the law.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Vittorio Angelone

The Everyman, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼