Cyclists

Two things.

A badge or sticker of that size will be too small for any existing camera or human eye to make out the ID number, when a cyclist is going at any speed, so whats the point?

Lastly, no country in the world operates such a farce of a proposal. I wonder why? Or has PROC cracked this mystery?

Technology which you were praising earlier can pick 6 license plates PER SECOND on vehicles travelling multiples of the speed you suggest bikes get up to. I don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility that advancements in technology are such that something the size of a rear reflector on a bicycle as another poster suggested, could be identified by cctv and the errant cyclist fined appropriately. Even dashcam footage (not just cyclists can record other road users you know) could be used in identifying the miscreants.

And if, as you claim, you "want everyone to follow the rules" you should have absolutely no problem with this.

Technology which you were praising earlier can pick 6 license plates PER SECOND on vehicles travelling multiples of the speed you suggest bikes get up to. I don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility that advancements in technology are such that something the size of a rear reflector on a bicycle as another poster suggested, could be identified by cctv and the errant cyclist fined appropriately. Even dashcam footage (not just cyclists can record other road users you know) could be used in identifying the miscreants.

And if, as you claim, you "want everyone to follow the rules" you should have absolutely no problem with this.

Of course he has a problem with this. Vehicles with dashcams will be able to play him at his own game then.

This could be done easily with QR codes. Its already been successfully tested on moving cars.

"Most researches about QR code recognition were about reading QR code from image or read from motionless object. This paper proposes a system which read QR code from motion object where QR code attached on a windshield. The experiment was done by recording a video file, while the car was moving at various speeds then analyze video files. From the experiment results, the identification success rate of 100 percent was achieved when the car was moving under 30 kilometer per hour. At the speed of 60 kilometer per hour, the identification success rate was 30 percent."

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7250210

Poor *ank - another of his lame excuses disappears! :ROFLMAO:

Well all the info is in the article so off you go if you want technical specifications.

In Japan they use QR codes for anti theft so something around this size would probably work:

qr-code-serial-number-ofo-bike-famous-bicycle-sharing-chia-people-can-use-phone-to-scan-input-to-open-93716478.jpg

QR codes are read by a scanner as you well know, so not only is this a foolproof technology for identifying a bicycle, it also ensures only legitimate cases with footage can actually be reported. The QR code can be read with 100% success rate at the speed a bicycle travels.

Surely this is a plus for those of us worried about big brother, privacy issues or the danger of malicious or vexatious reports.

I dont see why this would be such an issue if you are following the rules of the road.

What an absolute clattering *ank is getting on this :ROFLMAO:

Grand, you want to implement a technology that is used in dictatorships. You and Soundy can team up and lobby your local TD's to try and get this implemented on Irish streets and roads.

You wont get far though, but god loves a trier.
Implement technology that only crimials and law breakers fear, no issue with that. Why is it that you think cyclists are above the law and should get away will disobeying the ROTR?

Ah right. As you didn't know this concept existed until half an hour ago its remarkable that you are suddenly an expert on it.

Its pretty clear that accountability is a one way street in your case, as you are absolutely against the concept of bicycles being easily identifiable in the event they break the law.

I was well aware of bike-sharing schemes around the world that has a QR code on a bike, that one can use via your phone and an app to unlock said bike. I know this because I've used them countless times on the continent.

That is a very different thing to having hundreds of thousands of cameras on roads to catch cyclists breaking the law.

People are conflating two different things.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fist Of Pure Emotion - Spring Fling!

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼