Cyclists

I would argue that cyclists are more in tune with their environment, not being stuck in a metal box. In car ads, all the adverts advertise how quite it is inside in the cabin, a cyclist is out in the open with no obstacles around them, ie no pillars or roofs. A cyclist can see an awful lot more than a motorist too, therefore leading to quicker reaction time.

Also, now most modern road bike come with hydraulic disc brakes. With a bit of weight shifting on a bike and using your front and back breaks effectively, a skilled cyclist could most certain stop quicker than a car at 40kph.

No distractions? FFS Chicken John cycling at the 40Kph was doing his usual with his cameras and presumably watching for rabbits.

Seeing a lot more than motorists do doesn't necessarily lead to quicker reaction time.

Does Chicken John have those aforementioned Hydraulic disc brakes on his bike? He certainly doesn't have a bell on it

No distractions? FFS Chicken John cycling at the 40Kph was doing his usual with his cameras and presumably watching for rabbits.

Seeing a lot more than motorists do doesn't necessarily lead to quicker reaction time.

Does Chicken John have those aforementioned Hydraulic disc brakes on his bike? He certainly doesn't have a bell on it

Take JG out of the equation, the average cyclist doesn't have the camera tech that he has. And lets be fair, there's far more distractions in modern cars with their "infotainment" systems right in front of their faces and being protected from the outside environment in their "quite" cabins, not forgetting rampant mobile phone use.

A cyclist can most certainly see and hear more than what a motorist can.

Last edited:
Has the lycra loony defamed people on this PROC thread on his righttobike twitter feed? I wonder if Jank will have a word with him(self) :ROFLMAO:

Do you think I am joking Soundman?

Courts take a very dim view of this and at worst those behind the accounts are always aired out in public.

I would argue that cyclists are more in tune with their environment, not being stuck in a metal box. In car ads, all the adverts advertise how quite it is inside in the cabin, a cyclist is out in the open with no obstacles around them, ie no pillars or roofs. A cyclist can see an awful lot more than a motorist too, therefore leading to quicker reaction time.

Also, now most modern road bike come with hydraulic disc brakes. With a bit of weight shifting on a bike and using your front and back breaks effectively, a skilled cyclist could most certain stop quicker than a car at 40kph.

Total gibberish

So really you have no excuse to be online all day on PROC talking shite....
Dont you have friends?
Dont you have a family?
Is PROC your family?

Maybe get out more...

John m8, the state of you online, with your psycho routine getting you in the papers....

If I need advice on not making a complete prick of myself I wont be coming to you, you absolute mentalist.

:lol!:

Take JG out of the equation, the average cyclist doesn't have the camera tech that he has. And lets be fair, there's far more distractions in modern cars with their "infotainment" systems right in front of their faces and being protected from the outside environment in their "quite" cabins, not forgetting rampant mobile phone use.

A cyclist can most certainly see and hear more than what a motorist can.

I was just talking about JG pelting in that stretch of road at 40Kph. The person in the car was a knob no doubt but FFS 40Kph on a bike is far too fast for that stretch of road imho.

Many cyclists can see and hear more than a motorist can, but one very frequently see cyclists with headphones on and or staring intently at their phone. S

This morning on my way into work, as a front seat passenger in a car before 8 I saw a female non-lycra cyclist cycle at speed down Southern Road (in the cycle lane initially) past a line of queued traffic, through a red light, into Infirmary Road and through another red light - she didn't even slow down, much less come to a stop.

And then many cyclists presume to lecture motorists about the need to adhere to the Rules of The Road - there obviously is a need to, but it's a need for everyone on the road, not just motorists.

What rule is this exactly?
You can still film in public and put it online.
Action Cams and Drones

The DPC does not currently have specific guidance on the use of ‘action cams’ (such as GoPros) or drones capable of recording video, but, as you can imagine, many of the considerations relevant to CCTV and dash cams apply equally to the use of these types of video recording equipment.

In particular, users should consider the location in which they use these devices and the possibility of identifying any individuals recorded, and whether or not they are required to comply with certain obligations under data protection law, outlined under the ‘For Organisations’ section of this website.

John as you know everything, you might get onto the Data Commissioner or even The EU Parliment and set them right please.

Us mere mortals understand that one cannot record video or audio of any individual and store or broadcast same without that same individuals consent.

But what would we know ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼