CSN Halcyon Days.

🙂
Categories of teachers in CSN in my time there.
Good/likeable: Killer Kennedy, Doc, Goretti Joyce-Keane, Mick Moynihan, Paddy Meehan.
Generally ok: Youngy, Ollie Collins and Dickie Davis.
Dislikeable to say the least: Ram, Gunther and McCann.
Madman: Cotter.
Before my time there was a Maths teacher nicknamed "Billa" who was very well liked. Apparently he was tragically killed by a car when crossing a road near Cork. Anyone here remember him?
Good God. Mick Moynihan likeable? Might be a capable enough teacher but he had no business teaching kids given his volatile nature. Gunther and McCann never bothered me. Neither given over to violence unlike others in that school.

Good God. Mick Moynihan likeable? Might be a capable enough teacher but he had no business teaching kids given his volatile nature. Gunther and McCann never bothered me. Neither given over to violence unlike others in that school.
Bang on, Mick Moynihan was a nasty piece of work. Horrific halitosis too, you would dread whenever he came near you :sick:

Not sure what category to Put Leo Waters in probably mad man. Him and cotter should have been sharing a room in the Asylum.
Leo was genuinely mentally unwell and shouldn't have been left teach for his own sake, never mind ours! Not a bad man though, far better than a few others of my era (Cotter, Fred, Daffy, Gunther & Mick being the prime examples)..

Leo was genuinely mentally unwell and shouldn't have been left teach for his own sake, never mind ours! Not a bad man though, far better than a few others of my era (Cotter, Fred, Daffy, Gunther & Mick being the prime examples)..
Yes Leo was absolutely unwell that was clear, but didn’t do us any good as he was completely useless at his job. How him and Cotter were left there as long as they were to extrapolate our minds and prepare us to take on the World beggars belief. That all being said most lads did just fine and set the world on fire😂

Seen Leo waters a few times around Tesco in Wilton, still has the plasters on the fingers. Never had him but heard he didn’t use blackboards. He stank of ddt disinfectant.

Seen sexton around the place too, he was ok, had him for English.
Used to give us 10 lines for talking in class 😂

PE teacher mossy, he was a cranky bollox, stupid red Meath head on him.

Had Fred Foley for history, a lot of students didn’t like him but I found him grand. Made me computer room supervisor, just at the time the internet went mainstream.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fuzzy Monday's

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼