CSN Halcyon Days.

First principal was Con Burns a mad Kerry man We’d Hugh O Donnell as class teacher who regularly brought the class down to Murphy’s farm, there he ingrained in us his love of nature and Irish nationalist history- fab man ,died unfortunately and Mick Scannell took over ( ex cork footballer) as class teacher Before we moved into the bricks and mortar class room at one stage 63 boys were in our class

First principal was Con Burns a mad Kerry man We’d Hugh O Donnell as class teacher who regularly brought the class down to Murphy’s farm, there he ingrained in us his love of nature and Irish nationalist history- fab man ,died unfortunately and Mick Scannell took over ( ex cork footballer) as class teacher Before we moved into the bricks and mortar class room at one stage 63 boys were in our class
🤔
His son Denis Burns, also a primary teacher, played hurling for The Barrs in the 70s.

He taught us sex education when our parents couldn’t or hadn’t the skills to do so at the time Hithero twas ‘ here’s a men only mag , have a sconce at that’

🙂
Mick Scannell & Don Lynch for football and hurling.
Was the band run by a prat called Motherway?
Motherway was a bollox with the pointer stick- I was in the band and God help ya if you were out of tune- wallop across the handies

We’d Harry Harry Higgins aswell ( looper)

My mate Pat Herlihy of Curraheen village roared at me 2 years back in the small Dunne’s “

“ hey what about the time we robbed tbe penny for the black babies boxâ€ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ‘

I was in a covid line waiting to enter tbe small Dunnes- thank fuck I’d a mask on

He kept it up till I answered him the fecker,by god we got leathered for not alone did we rob the box we stole Harry’s ginger biscuits ðŸª

We got the bastard back by sending a ton of sand n gravel ( COD) to his home with instructions to ‘ back it up the driveway as far as possible so as not to inconvenience the neighbours 💪💪💪

Got the eldest Rodger’s boy Peter(RIP) on Rossa Avenue to ring in the order - they’d the only phone in Rossa avenue and Uam Var at the time

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼