CSN Halcyon Days.

Motherway was a bollox with the pointer stick- I was in the band and God help ya if you were out of tune- wallop across the handies

We’d Harry Harry Higgins aswell ( looper)

My mate Pat Herlihy of Curraheen village roared at me 2 years back in the small Dunne’s “

“ hey what about the time we robbed tbe penny for the black babies boxâ€ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ‘

I was in a covid line waiting to enter tbe small Dunnes- thank fuck I’d a mask on

He kept it up till I answered him the fecker,by god we got leathered for not alone did we rob the box we stole Harry’s ginger biscuits ðŸª

We got the bastard back by sending a ton of sand n gravel ( COD) to his home with instructions to ‘ back it up the driveway as far as possible so as not to inconvenience the neighbours 💪💪💪

Got the eldest Rodger’s boy Peter(RIP) on Rossa Avenue to ring in the order - they’d the only phone in Rossa avenue and Uam Var at the time
ðŸ‘
"Monty" Motherway. Nasty "feadog fart" with the big head of mashed spuds on him.

Higgins was known to be free with his hands. There was a story (not sure if true) about him which I heard after I had gone into CSN. Anyway the story goes that one of his
students wrote in an essay "if any teacher uses corporal punishment on me my dad says may God have mercy on his soul". The story went that Higgins never lifted a hand to that student again.😂

My mate uses leave class every day 10 m early to pick up his kid( Harry’s kid) “ faigh Colman “ He used give the smallie an awful time for the few minutes he had him every dayðŸ‘👠Threatening him kvrr we his dads antics in school

🙂
Categories of teachers in CSN in my time there.
Good/likeable: Killer Kennedy, Doc, Goretti Joyce-Keane, Mick Moynihan, Paddy Meehan.
Generally ok: Youngy, Ollie Collins and Dickie Davis.
Dislikeable to say the least: Ram, Gunther and McCann.
Madman: Cotter.
Before my time there was a Maths teacher nicknamed "Billa" who was very well liked. Apparently he was tragically killed by a car when crossing a road near Cork. Anyone here remember him?

🙂
Categories of teachers in CSN in my time there.
Good/likeable: Killer Kennedy, Doc, Goretti Joyce-Keane, Mick Moynihan, Paddy Meehan.
Generally ok: Youngy, Ollie Collins and Dickie Davis.
Dislikeable to say the least: Ram, Gunther and McCann.
Madman: Cotter.
Before my time there was a Maths teacher nicknamed "Billa" who was very well liked. Apparently he was tragically killed by a car when crossing a road near Cork. Anyone here remember him?
Not sure what category to Put Leo Waters in probably mad man. Him and cotter should have been sharing a room in the Asylum.

Not sure what category to Put Leo Waters in probably mad man. Him and cotter should have been sharing a room in the Asylum.
🙂
Cotter would probably have needed solitary.😉
Forgot about Leo. What did he teach again? Eugene Dennis also.
Furthermore there was a pleasant young woman who taught Accountancy. Think her name was Miss McCoy and nickname was Rosie due to her red cheeks.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Open Mic

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼