Cork Minor Hurling 2024

The last minor club match I was at October gone
There was three of tomorrows night starting team
and one sub playing
Inter county minors don’t play with their clubs sure. They disappear into the abyss.
It’s no longer the case that you can go to club games and watch potential inter county minors lead their teams battle it out against each other.
They are too busy spending the weekend in the gym and on the plastic pitch down the Pairc.

The last minor club match I was at October gone
There was three of tomorrows night starting team
and one sub playing
Are you attending any minor matches this year? The Cork minors aren’t playing with their clubs.
It was the same last year. I attended a divisional minor club championship match last year and the Cork player wasn’t allowed play.

As for the last minor game you watched the inter county season ends in June & there is no Cork minor panel in place in October.

Under Fraggie Murphy and Ray O'Mahony last year the minors had greater leeway and could play both codes but this years minor set-up decided to go back to the Cubby/Ring way.
I attended a minor championship game last year and the Cork player was not allowed tog. It’s going on for years at this stage and yes I’m aware that fellas have been blocked playing non Harty & Corn school matches too in the last couple of years. Scandalous carry on. Fair play to some city clubs for putting the foot down on this

How good are we this year...Tipp wont be bad
I'll put it like this, if either you or I were the Cork manager or we were both selectors and we lose a player such as Luke Hurley to another sport then we can't afford to leave out players such as Colin Ruby and Ben Noonan. Ruby and Noonan should be there on merit anyway but when a team is at least 3 players down before a ball is hit then it usually means hard times ahead. The management needed to leave no stone unturned but they've been stubborn on such matters.

I expect Tipp to be too strong but best of luck to the young Rebels and everyone involved.

Last edited:
Banofie

There will always be a rift between county and club selectors regarding players and the same with the dual code issue at underage but the GAA have a job to legislate on such matters and they refuse. I also admire those clubs for taking a stance as I believe they are club players first and foremost but the GAA are sitting on the fence and this is where the problem lies.

My issue with your argument is when Goat1 lauded the commitment of players so young and their parents you disagreed and stated the plaudits should go to older more senior players. We can agree to differ!

Last edited:
I'll put it like this, if either you or I were the Cork manager or we were both selectors and we lose a player such as Luke Hurley to another sport then we can't afford to leave out players such as Colin Ruby and Ben Noonan. The management needed to leave no stone unturned but they've been stubborn on such matters.

I expect Tipp to be too strong but best of luck to the young Rebels and everyone involved.
I know for a fact Noonan was watched and given chances.

He even played a challenge for the minors against the 16s in February.

Colin Ruby was also monitored.

I know for a fact Noonan was watched and given chances.

He even played a challenge for the minors against the 16s in February.

Colin Ruby was also monitored.
Neither of them were on the minor panel of 45 and are better players than guys who were recently dropped from the 36 and will also be playing Celtic Challenge competition next weekend.

Neither of them were on the minor panel of 45 and are better players than guys who were recently dropped from the 36 and will also be playing Celtic Challenge competition next weekend.
As these are children it’s my opinion that no child should be named or called out online like this. I don’t see it benefiting them really.
Every year and for every team at every grade there are people who disagree with the selectors decisions.
No one says the rebel og system is perfect. It all happens behind an iron curtain. I coach underage & the 2 of the 3 best hurlers we’ve played against out of this age group over the years are not on the panel at all. 1 of the 3 was never on a rebel og panel.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Crash Test Dummies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Karaoke Pride Party

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼