Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Wasn't as convinced as you in advance about the Tipp game tbh, but thought we had a chance. But certainly thought we were still well in it at halftime in CP.

And so it came to pass :cool:
We were big underdogs against Tipp that day alright but Cork never feared Tipp and that group of players certainly didn’t. It’s that sort of belief our guys seem to be missing now 😣

Cashman was in an awful fit state saying he couldn’t stay with Cooney. Dr Con’s throw away comment to Jim saying Cooney will never keep up that pace turned out to be accidentally very prophetic
I actually asked Jim very recently about the story with missing 65s that day and he said Croker is (was) very different to PUC or Thurles in that it's very hard to judge with the wind swirling. The place seems larger than other grounds he said you feel 'on your own' out on the pitch.

Also asked him would Tipp have beaten us in '87 if JBM hadn't retired and he said 'not a hope' 😂

Are you Tomas Mull? Cause he was the only one convinced in the dressing room at half time that’s for sure.
The Canon was crying with temper.
Cashman, Foley & Fitzy had a bucket of cold water thrown over them in the shower. They’d to put on new Jerseys.
Dr Con was doing his best to calm the situation and guide the older lads.
Cashman was in an awful fit state saying he couldn’t stay with Cooney. Dr Con’s throw away comment to Jim saying Cooney will never keep up that pace turned out to be accidentally very prophetic
After his shower Fitzy was in such shock in the corner just blankly watching everything unfold.. I could go on and on.. it’s a famous 15 mins in Cork GAA.
The Canon crying then went down on his knees in the middle of the dressing room surrounded by the players crying into a Cork jersey held in his fist he begged the lads to win it for themselves and for Cork and for him..
It was pure pandemonium
And then Henesseys immortal question to the Canon broke the ice perfectly and the Rebels went out and collected Liam.
The Glory Days
The question is are you Tomas Mul not me, you seem to know everything that went on in those 15 minutes, not quite in the right order but sure what harm to ya Tomas

Agree. For me JOC isn’t up to the standard needed.
Whoa there, I didn't say JOC wasn't up to the standard needed in general. I'm specifically thinking about Clare.
I said he had a rough time v Clare the last time we played them and am wondering if there was an aspect of his game which he has developed that would make him a better option this time around.

Whoa there, I didn't say JOC wasn't up to the standard needed in general. I'm specifically thinking about Clare.
I said he had a rough time v Clare the last time we played them and am wondering if there was an aspect of his game which he has developed that would make him a better option this time around.
I don’t see him as having added what’s needed which is in my opinion more physicality. Perhaps not his fault.

What was hennesseys question btw?
"Cork had not enjoyed a productive first-half against Galway and were in trouble in most departments.
The portents did not look good and the canon was not a happy man, so much so that during the interval in the dressing room he did not mince his words.

“Only three of ye played in that first-half..." was one of his utterances.

Just as the players were leaving the dressing-room to return to the pitch, Hennessy turns around and asks, ‘who were the other two, Father?’

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ar House Ar Fad

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼