Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’m seeing a lot of comments saying Lehane would make a great impact off the bench. I’m struggling to think of him ever making a good impact off the bench. He came on last year against Limerick and wasn’t good, should have worked a late chance back out but shot from a bad angle. He come on in the 2020 knock out match vs Tipp and was a disaster. I don’t think he should start but I don’t get this idea that if he doesn’t that he’ll be a great sub, history would suggest he won’t. If he is to play, I think he might be better getting the first 40-45 mins.
If Lehane is to play I think he should start.

I always think it's easy enough to tell when Conor is on his game and going to have a good day. On those days he could fire over 7 points.

Conversely if he misses the first 2 or 3 attempts at goal the odds are that he's going to have a stinker and should be taken off.

If Lehane is to play I think he should start.

I always think it's easy enough to tell when Conor is on his game and going to have a good day. On those days he could fire over 7 points.

Conversely if he misses the first 2 or 3 attempts at goal the odds are that he's going to have a stinker and should be taken off.
And that’s a basis for starting a Cork senior hurler? 🙄

3 reds all day, good calls by ref. Jesus who would be a ref ffs with the abuse they get. They make mistakes, some days the calls favour one team, another day, the other team.
Definitely tough job being a ref these days.
However as a group I have zero sympathy for them. The amount of games we lost due to anti Cork bias over the years is unreal. The GAA has it in for us.

The standard of inter county referees have definitely declined in recent years but why wouldn’t it? It’s an impossible job to get 100% right given the pace of the modern game. Plus there is such abuse it’s amazing we have anyone willing to do it at any level. At inter county level there’s the added pressure of heaps of podcasts and analysis to call out every error. Many of the lads commenting would probably laugh at you if you asked them to ref an U12 hurling match.

Still confused how Rob Downey got a yellow card last Sunday. He fell easily but he was tackled high. In Wexford/Waterford game, Wexford player was punched (albeit lightly) in the face, and Waterford awarded a free in. It goes on and on. I have heard GAA is considering introduction of paid referees with training and accountability. Anything is better than the Owens debacle. If GAA can build 100 million stadia, they can introduce VAR and paid referees!
He must have said something to the ref who I presume penalized him for exaggerating the foul.

At one stage the Cork crowd cheered a Cork free, as every free seemed to be going Offaly’s way.

Cship 15 v Waterford:

Collins
SO'D, Cahalane, NO'L
Mellerick, Joyce, R Downey
Roche, TO'M
Dalton, Fitzgibbon, Harnedy
Jack O'C, Connolly, Lehane

I can't expect Coleman will be match sharp to start so he'd be coming on at best. I'm not sure how far away Robbie O'Flynn is?

I personally think we need to be getting fast fast ball into inside line and hit lads long from time to time in the half forward line. Connolly and Jack in a 2 man full forward line have potential to be very exciting... Hoggy can still have a huge role to play for Cork this year. Finishing games along with Kingston.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Please! Club Night

The Pavilion, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼