Cork Hurlers - Part 2

This game is a waste of time in terms of prepping for the Munster championship. Our B team should beat Offaly. There is only about a half dozen good hurling teams nowadays and Offaly are not one of them for a long long time.

I think they can play the bones of the likely championship first XV and still have room to try a couple of things - e.g., give O'Connor another start to see if he has found his form, give Barret a chance to build his confidence. If those players are both in form, I would expect at least one to start come championship, especially factoring in the injuries and the physical toll the round robin is likely to take. You'd certainly be hoping they could at the v least be options off the bench, and come championship that will be as important as a settled first team imo.

That said, if they are in championship mode as you put it, they will probably start Collins, Lehane and Horgan in Offaly.
It will be the most interesting team picked so far this year because we know they have to start focusing more on championship in the remaining two games.
There are a number of conundrums that may start to become clearer , like if TOM is in their thoughts as a starter, will they start Horgan, Lehane and O Connor in the same team. Alan Connolly must get a start if he is to be considered at all and Sean Twomey also, will Dara Fitzgibbon start in the forwards or midfield, if he starts.

This game is a waste of time in terms of prepping for the Munster championship. Our B team should beat Offaly. There is only about a half dozen good hurling teams nowadays and Offaly are not one of them for a long long time.
I agree we should and must win but are we in a position to write off Offaly or anyone else?

I guess it depends where the Cork camp are setting the bar.. Do we see ourselves in the top 3/4 sides as potential AI contenders or are we down at Offalys level?
What are you talking about?!
How we see or rank ourselves has eff all influence on the approach we take to the game v Offaly.
It's our penultimate competitive game ahead of Munster championship, our approach will reflect that as opposed to some asinine expectation about the outcome.

Random thought: I reckon it could be a nasty enough game, I get the feeling that Offaly hold a reservoir of resentment in relation to the physicality of our U20 team v Screeny & Co.
Might be an appetite to settle scores on home ground.
Eoin Downey might be in line for a belt or two if he plays

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼