12. Luke Meade (Newcestown)
  13. Conor Cahalane (St Finbarrs)
  14. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)
  15. Brian Hayes (St Finbarrs

I would equally be happy with
  • Shane Barrett
  • Shane Kingston
Instead of Hayes ststarting.y
Conor Cahalane over Darragh Fitzgibbon based on what?
That starting forward line wouldn't score enough to keep us in the game. We'd be way too dependent on Hoggy for scores.

100%
The majority of our players have neither the size nor the muscle to equal Limerick, we're stronger physically than we were but they are still the bigger beasts!
We absolutely need to work like dogs but that doesn't equal battering off of Limerick players for 75 minutes.
Need to have strategies that take us out of that direct hit combat zone as much as possible.
What they might be I'll leave to minds better versed than mine.
Ah stop ffs
Tipp are only a handy sized team with only 6 months s/c behind them and they fcuked into them from the off
We must try the same or this could be over early
Start our best 15 and fcuk this shit of sparing men til the last 15 min

I've never gone to the Gaelic Grounds for a match. I can't leave Cork city until after 12.30 on Sunday. Just wondering how long is the drive likely to be with match traffic and, arriving late, how far from the stadium will I have to park? Any advice gratefully received....

Could we see Eoin Downey full back on Flanagan? He did very well against him in the league but the league is a completely different animal to knock out championship hurling. I've a feeling he'll come in for Tommy. We can't have Hoggy and Seamie inside in a two man full forward line. Hoggy needs a speedster to compliment him.

Also, I'd love to see us go direct and lump a high ball into the square the odd time. Seamie causes any defence huge problems at the edge of the square when it's hit in long.

My team for Sunday
  1. Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
  2. Niall O’Leary (Castlelyons)
  3. Damien Cahalane (St Finbarr’s)
  4. Sean O’Donoghue (Inniscarra) Captain
  5. Eoin Downey (Glen Rovers)
  6. Ciarán Joyce (Castlemartyr)
  7. Robert Downey (Glen Rovers)
  8. Brian Roche (Bride Rovers)
  9. Tim O’Mahoney (Newtownshandrum)
  10. Declan Dalton (Fr O’Neills)
  11. Seamus Harnedy (St Ita’s)
  12. Luke Meade (Newcestown)
  13. Conor Cahalane (St Finbarrs)
  14. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)
  15. Brian Hayes (St Finbarrs

I would equally be happy with
  • Shane Barrett
  • Shane Kingston
Instead of Hayes starting.
AGAIN you need a half forward line capable of winning primary possession and a Full forward line that will stop runners. why are fellas still creeping back to a sweeper! This have never worked and will not work against Limerick.

And hopefully the lads can do the business for him on sunday
Gutted for Robbie, wishing him a full recovery
People are delusional if they think we can opt not to engage physically with Limerick. There isn’t a choice - fail to man up and you die. People thinking we can somehow play around Lk rather than having to go through them are out of touch with reality. Tipp offered a great template last Sunday. Let’s learn from it.
Oh for God's sake, nobody is saying not to engage physically with Limerick.
Just read the posts without the myopic "man up or die" cliché wasting your mind.
The point is that thinking we're going to win by sheer brute force alone versus Limerick is not the smartest of thoughts, and we'll need something a bit more f*****g clever in our locker

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼