Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’d take him out of the firing line on Sunday and have him ready to come on midfield with 20 minutes to go. A player with a super aggressive attitude who didn’t have one of his better games last week but he was hung out to dry left on Kelly for so long
He was very poor v waterford , couldn't cope with Jack prendergast at all. How the management thought he would survive the clare forwards ability in the air I have no idea and he didn't

This is a game where you could gamble on the two downeys really

Collins
O leary v O Neill cahalane v gillane
O donoghue Flanagan
R v morrissey Joyce v lynch e v hegarty

While that defence is fine ye are lacking 2 things

I
hard abrasive athletes in the middle who will never reach a point in the game where they are not relishing the contact

The same players being exceptional strikers from distance which forces limerick up the field 20ms leaving space inside

What cork might have though is some younger lads coming through with a bit of abrasiveness but it's too soon yet.

I will say one thing though.
Shane Kingston has not got a fair crack at it for me
The fact that harnedy and more so lehane are starting ahead of him makes no sense to me and maybe suggests there is an issue with the defenders in training games

Yikes.... amazed how people can see the same thing so differently. Both Downey's , issue with Harnedy ? The beauty of the world I guess.

Hate seeing the likes of Lynch and Hegarty being questioned everywhere this week. 2 class acts who have had a few average games. No doubt theyll be raring to go this Sunday and Cork will feel the wrath of them again. Hope I'm wrong but expecting a big game from those 2. Its all about how Cork try to handle it. Theres a game there to be won for Cork but everything will have to go right for 70+ mins and so far this year we havent seen any evidence that that can happen. We've only played in fits and starts and have a win a draw and a last puck loss which shows a great sign of a team who can hang in there and fight. We'll need that in abundance on Sunday. We can't let Limerick develop a big lead - they wont lose it. Hang in there, bring it to the last 5/10 mins and then drive it on. The ultimate test now for these lads is coming up. FWIW, I'd go with the following:

P Collins
N O Leary
D Cahalane
S O Donoghue
G Mellerick
C Joyce
T O Mahony
B Roche
D Fitzgibbon
T O Mahony
D Dalton
S Harnedy
S Kingston
P Horgan
L Meade

I've never gone to the Gaelic Grounds for a match. I can't leave Cork city until after 12.30 on Sunday. Just wondering how long is the drive likely to be with match traffic and, arriving late, how far from the stadium will I have to park? Any advice gratefully received....
You’ll be cutting it fine trying to find a parking spot in the vicinity of the Gaelic Grounds but Na Piarsaigh GAA would be your best bet. Or as a previous poster said, park in the city and walk out

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 4pm

More events ▼