Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Everyone here seems to be completely ignoring that current players will be selected on the basis of their performances in the Club championship under this new manager and like other Counties. Not on Reputation or what a fella did in the Fitzgibbon 4 years ago! Reality dawning for a few if you are not at the business end of the County Championship this year and you are a seasoned campaigner.
No they won’t, they’ll be picked based on what Pat and his selectors feel they will bring to the squad

Last edited:
Everyone here seems to be completely ignoring that current players will be selected on the basis of their performances in the Club championship under this new manager and like other Counties. Not on Reputation or what a fella did in the Fitzgibbon 4 years ago! Reality dawning for a few if you are not at the business end of the County Championship this year and you are a seasoned campaigner.
I have never heard such bull shite in my long life

That’s the strangest view on picking panels I’ve ever heard. Do you rule out everyone outside a successful Premier senior club so? Weird
Im hearing you might get your wish.I was talking to a man tonight invovled in the Football set up who thinks Brian Hayes has confirmed To Pat Ryan that he will join the hurling set up next year.

Do you think this is the Truth or do you still think he will stay with the Footballers?

Im hearing you might get your wish.I was talking to a man tonight invovled in the Football set up who thinks Brian Hayes has confirmed To Pat Ryan that he will join the hurling set up next year.

Do you think this is the Truth or do you still think he will stay with the Footballers?
Was at the Barrs game tonight , this Brian Hayes is a superstar in the making at intercounty if he picks Cork hurling , and what ive seen of him he a better hurler than footballer , with a hurling brain , he scored a point in the second half tonight he was 3 steps ahead of the blackrock defense. What a forwards score . Brilliant

I have no inside information on this but I hope he will switch, I think Brian realises it is now or never for Hurling and that, along with Pat being in charge might entice him to. If I was to pick I think he’ll go hurling

I have no inside information on this but I hope he will switch, I think Brian realises it is now or never for Hurling and that, along with Pat being in charge might entice him to. If I was to pick I think he’ll go hurling
Shame, I think he should stick with the football personally. Think he’s a fine footballer and is better at it.

But would agree with your point of now or never.

Two lads who have impressed me and I think deserve a call are Aaron Myers of SARS & Luke Dineen the Midleton full back. Myers putting up great scores & Dineen a very physical full back. Don’t know much about their attitudes but they have impressed me the last SHC campaign and the start of this one

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼