Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Shame, I think he should stick with the football personally. Think he’s a fine footballer and is better at it.

But would agree with your point of now or never.
Horse
I understand your view but I think number 1 we build up players soo much and maybe in our own hope they will be superstars maybe we are not helping.
Number 2
I respect any decision they make and what suits them because it’s young men whom are extremely talented and maybe they know what is best for them and not us .
I just enjoy the talent we do and always have done to be in that situation and he comes from a fantastic club and good luck to the lad whatever code he picks because he is a great athlete in both cases of the game.

Shame, I think he should stick with the football personally. Think he’s a fine footballer and is better at it.

But would agree with your point of now or never.
He’s a better hurler in my view, but not by much, maybe by millimetres, he’s just gifted

You must remember Brian has hardly picked up a hurley all year and he goes out and produces a top class performance against one of the favourites. If he was hurling all year he’d be even better.

I have no inside information on this but I hope he will switch, I think Brian realises it is now or never for Hurling and that, along with Pat being in charge might entice him to. If I was to pick I think he’ll go hurling

To be fair, much and all as we are down in the dumps over the lengthy wait for Cork to win an AI in hurling, I think any realist knows that the footballers are even further away from winning an AI at the mo. So hopefully Hayes realises his better option for a Celtic Cross is to improve a Cork hurling squad than to remain in the football squad which is still outside the Top 8 and realistically looks like remaining outside for the near future at least. Cork hurlers, no matter how low we are, are likely to be in the quarters nearly every year and semis most years.

The last decade we had both A Walsh and E Cadogen both coaxed away from football to play hurling. What happened was the destruction of a good football career for a place on the bench in hurling for the majority of games.
If I was B Hayes i would make sure before i make the move to hurling that i would be was guaranteed to be on the 1st 15 and not on the bench.
More important than that is that the CCB should put some sort of Clifford type deal in front of him to see would that persuade him to stay hurling.
After all Hayes will play with cork.

The last decade we had both A Walsh and E Cadogen both coaxed away from football to play hurling. What happened was the destruction of a good football career for a place on the bench in hurling for the majority of games.
If I was B Hayes i would make sure before i make the move to hurling that i would be was guaranteed to be on the 1st 15 and not on the bench.
More important than that is that the CCB should put some sort of Clifford type deal in front of him to see would that persuade him to stay hurling.
Nobody can be given a guarantee to start.

Being a cork hurler is far more attractive than being a cork footballer, for a youngfella, even to be a sub. Outside of the auld lads, and anyone from west cork, not many Cork GAA people could tell you who the Cork football subs are.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The 2 Johnnies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

30th May 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼