Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not so sure I agree. 70s/80s before my time but the 99-06 lads played against generational half backs like Browne, McGrath, Walsh, Delaney and more than held their own against them in my opinion. Ben O’Connor was our main scoring half forward but look at the finals Niall and Timmy Mc played in especially against Kilkenny. They had their best games for Cork in those finals.
Timmy hauled us through v Tipp in killarney 2004,

Nothing against the players but TBF in time I believe history won’t be kind to Limerick hurling, the Dubs & Man City. All benefitted from financial competitive advantages that were to a huge degree directly responsible for their success ie success that wouldn’t have happened without those massive investments. There is no getting away from that and rules will be put in place in GAA soon to try to stop it happening again.
lol
That's a poor wum in fairness

This is nuts
ODonnell was running
Donoghue stepped into it

What's nuts is that O'Donnell having been met shoulder to shoulder went down on the ground and lay there holding his head as though he'd received a blow to the head, which he hadn't. Then he altered the subterfuge in trying to get his opponent a second yellow by clutching his chest as though he had been taken out with a frontal charge - which again he hadn't.

Yes I accept he was fouled (on a more global view from down the park which is the way the ref would have seen it), but O'Donnell knew rightly what he was doing in trying to get it elevated not to winning a free in, but into getting an opponent a red card. Hopefully karma will catch up on him.

i thought it was our weakest line back then too. We havent had good half forwards since 70s.. Even in the 80s muller and meyler et all could be shocking on their day.. noughties we were definitely weak... thats why donal og brought in the puckout strategy.

Didn't realise that it was DOC rather than the team management that came up with the puckout strategy. Was that in his book?

What's nuts is that O'Donnell having been met shoulder to shoulder went down on the ground and lay there holding his head as though he'd received a blow to the head, which he hadn't. Then he altered the subterfuge in trying to get his opponent a second yellow by clutching his chest as though he had been taken out with a frontal charge - which again he hadn't.

Yes I accept he was fouled (on a more global view from down the park which is the way the ref would have seen it), but O'Donnell knew rightly what he was doing in trying to get it elevated not to winning a free in, but into getting an opponent a red card. Hopefully karma will catch up on him.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not so sure I agree. 70s/80s before my time but the 99-06 lads played against generational half backs like Browne, McGrath, Walsh, Delaney and more than held their own against them in my opinion. Ben O’Connor was our main scoring half forward but look at the finals Niall and Timmy Mc played in especially against Kilkenny. They had their best games for Cork in those finals.
Sure Niall & Timmy especially were the butt of our own jokes fgs
2 hard physical triers in fairness and a good foil for some of the other tippy happy lads 👍

Didn't realise that it was DOC rather than the team management that came up with the puckout strategy. Was that in his book?

If SOD had thrown himself to the ground after the collision he might just have gotten away with it.
Ref may well have decided it was a case of 6 and two 3s.
Purely academic now anyway.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade: Drawing Workshop

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼