Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Watched back the Clare championship game from last year tonight. A couple of things struck me this time around

We were haunted to be still in the game with 5 minutes to go, Clare had an unmerciful high wide count

We were definitely lacking that bit of nous last year. When Hoggy scored the goal to bring us evel with 10 to go we let Clare go down and score 2 quick points. We need to be more consistent during games this year

We had some huge performances in that game, Joyce and Downey were immense at half back, Brian Roche had a superb game, where has his forn gone?, and Deccie Dalton is vital to this team,he is a great linkman but the unglamorous work he does doesn’t go unnoticed with me

No Tobbie O Fluynn, no Mark Coleman and no Alan Connolly that day either. I think we are going to be much better this year if we get those 3 on the pitch
🤷‍♂️😂

Watched back the Clare championship game from last year tonight. A couple of things struck me this time around

We were haunted to be still in the game with 5 minutes to go, Clare had an unmerciful high wide count

We were definitely lacking that bit of nous last year. When Hoggy scored the goal to bring us evel with 10 to go we let Clare go down and score 2 quick points. We need to be more consistent during games this year

We had some huge performances in that game, Joyce and Downey were immense at half back, Brian Roche had a superb game, where has his forn gone?, and Deccie Dalton is vital to this team,he is a great linkman but the unglamorous work he does doesn’t go unnoticed with me

No Tobbie O Fluynn, no Mark Coleman and no Alan Connolly that day either. I think we are going to be much better this year if we get those 3 on the pitch
I did the same Red, BR was outstanding against Limerick also IMO. Not sure he was given a proper run during the league and he will be needed in the summer. The amount of times he flicks the ball away is vital.
We should have been 10 points up after 15 mins. The goal chances we had as well in the game were numerous and could have been so different had Harnedys effort not drifted wide.
That being said, we had a long period where nothing was sticking and Diarmuid Ryan was firing over points from Half back. Aimless ball played into the forwards. Big problem was we had Harnedy and Hoggie as our two up top for large periods of that 2nd half and the legs are not there to chase that ball into the corners.
Leaving TOC on was criminal also, poor lad was destroyed and Mellerick came on and steadied the half back line.
lots of people picking Lehane to start and I hope not. We’re not going to win an All Ireland with him at CF. What you think?

I did the same Red, BR was outstanding against Limerick also IMO. Not sure he was given a proper run during the league and he will be needed in the summer. The amount of times he flicks the ball away is vital.
We should have been 10 points up after 15 mins. The goal chances we had as well in the game were numerous and could have been so different had Harnedys effort not drifted wide.
That being said, we had a long period where nothing was sticking and Diarmuid Ryan was firing over points from Half back. Aimless ball played into the forwards. Big problem was we had Harnedy and Hoggie as our two up top for large periods of that 2nd half and the legs are not there to chase that ball into the corners.
Leaving TOC on was criminal also, poor lad was destroyed and Mellerick came on and steadied the half back line.
lots of people picking Lehane to start and I hope not. We’re not going to win an All Ireland with him at CF. What you think?
I’d agree with all that in fairness

On a slightly different subject. Remember the clamp down by referee's on the "correct " handpass in hurling , a few ref's clamping down on it and highlighting it on tv matches. Then it all fades away, apparently its all being sorted... Watching Limerick v Kilkenny and a few other games, guess what, it's like it never happened. Ball being thrown all over the shop, absolute joke.
Just really annoying when ref's are not consistent.

They may aswell allow a ball to be thrown at this stage or else completely do away with handpass to be consistent as sometimes refs even blow for legal pass not a mind the amount of illegal one's missed. To be fair at speed some quick handpasses can be hard to distinguish.

They may aswell allow a ball to be thrown at this stage or else completely do away with handpass to be consistent as sometimes refs even blow for legal pass not a mind the amount of illegal one's missed. To be fair at speed some quick handpasses can be hard to distinguish.
That’s the issue imo, the game is gone too fast for any one man to referee it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

21st Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼