Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Heard it was on there.
Thanks for the report

Who is BC? Have you positions for the rest?
Ben Cunningham. They all lined out in their usually positions, except for Darragh at CF. MM played in right wing back. Much to the disappointment of many on here TOM was CB, so midfield is unlikely to happen at this stage .

They played on the Maguire 3g pitches in UL. Saw about 30 mins of it, was predominately 2nd string and those needing a game -Saunderson, NOL, TOM, ER, MM, Daire OL, Darragh Fitz (played CF), DD, ST (played FF), BC, COC etc. Sean O’D was there in a track suit on the side line, might have been there for support as captain. Heard that about him before, even if not required he still shows up. TOC was on sideline but cam on for a few mins. Robbie O’F was doing lots of sprints prior to the game and was moving well! He didn’t come on when I was there though.

NOL played like a man possessed. Management were giving lots of encouragement from the sidelines to young Mullins. Fitzy was glorious at times up through the centre and put the fear of god into the Galway defence. Cunningham looked like a guy seriously lacking in confidence; would be hard to see him making match day panel. Saw him play for UCC against MIC earlier this year too and it was the same thing, even his free taking broke down that day and he was removed from that. Seems to not want to engage in battle in the air or on the ground, constantly waiting for a ball to break to him. Overall, for the 30 minutes I saw it was a tame enough affair, conditions were tough enough with a strong wind and heavy showers. Did not see many of the first team names like RD, GM, CJ, hoggie or AC, so surprised to see all the talk that Connolly was injured there. As I said, was only there for 30 mins from 1pm so those guys were either in a dressing room, played earlier or were not there at all. Or maybe he got injured in a different training session.
The insight is very much appreciated.

Heard it was on there.

Ben Cunningham. They all lined out in their usually positions, except for Darragh at CF. MM played in right wing back. Much to the disappointment of many on here TOM was CB, so midfield is unlikely to happen at this stage .
I wouldn’t be ruling it out just yet

Watched back the Clare championship game from last year tonight. A couple of things struck me this time around

We were haunted to be still in the game with 5 minutes to go, Clare had an unmerciful high wide count

We were definitely lacking that bit of nous last year. When Hoggy scored the goal to bring us evel with 10 to go we let Clare go down and score 2 quick points. We need to be more consistent during games this year

We had some huge performances in that game, Joyce and Downey were immense at half back, Brian Roche had a superb game, where has his forn gone?, and Deccie Dalton is vital to this team,he is a great linkman but the unglamorous work he does doesn’t go unnoticed with me

No Robbie O Flynn, no Mark Coleman and no Alan Connolly that day either. I think we are going to be much better this year if we get those 3 on the pitch

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Black Apple Bastards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼