Cork Hurlers - Part 2

4 weeks to go hopefully enough time to have everyone fully fit and raring to go
Meade is another option at midfield and Conor cahalane will give everything to get a spot
Serious competition for places definitely more than the last number of years

Only change if make to the team versus Wexford would be to start Tim midfield and move Fitzy to the half forward line. Toss up then between Hayes and Harnedy depending on who’s going best in training.
Coleman and Robbie could also come into the mix if both are fit and firing in training by then.

Again the very idea that fellas here think a 2 man FF line will work against Limerick literally walking into their hands as they build their Hybrid throw pass game out and pick points off at will.
1. We cannot go with Horgan and Lehane and Harnedy starting
2. It needs to be high octane pressing.

You all know this. Stop languishing in the dark ages with the failed batshit experimental Quarter back/3rd man/Free Role non entities.

2024 calls for a bravery. Not a time for Shitting the Underpants.

Fcuk it, i’ll give you a prediction!

1. Cork
I think we will catch fire, I just think everything is coming together nicely and our fixtures suit us.

2. Limerick
Will lose a game or two this year but will do enough to make the munster final knowing theyre building for better days.

3. Tipperary
The favourites to take down limerick for me but i don’t think that will suit them, they’ll start the championship as the form team after winning the league but then quickly burn out as cahill’s specialty.

4. Clare
Aging players, I think they will lose the faith and lose closely contested games to shave going him early, akin to us in 2023.

5. Waterford
The obvious choice for the wooden spoon even though I think they are a better team than some give them credit it for, I can’t see it being a good summer from them.. but I do think they could pick up a win somewhere.

Limerick to beat cork in the munster final as they start to kick into gear, after that I haven’t a clue.
Limerick, Tipp, Clare with us and Waterford battling for wooden spoon. Our forwards are way too light, dint have a midfield and goalies puck out strategy not up to scratch.

I think the interesting question now is what has PR held in reserve for ch'ship. Last season he never played Darragh Fitzgibbon centre forward in the league and all of a sudden chose him there in the first game of Munster. Surely he will have something up his sleeve that he hasn't shown us up to this point.

Limerick, Tipp, Clare with us and Waterford battling for wooden spoon. Our forwards are way too light, dint have a midfield and goalies puck out strategy not up to scratch.
Wow, that's a lot of negativity from you there Rekcuf. You obviously rate Tipp and Clare as superior to us, wondering what you base that on. Clare will not win down the Pairc, they never do. Not sure Cahill even knows his best team and is still very dependent on a few stalwarts. I think these Cork boys will jog up to Thurles with absolutely no fear. I wouldn't even be too sure that Limerick will beat us at home. This is us, the 30 best hurlers in the County battling for the start or at least a place on the bench, no more than we can ask for. Maybe some positivity, even a modicum would be better. Otherwise we can join you and don't even bother turning up. Cork for Liam.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Café And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼