Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’d be happy to have two grafters in MF but I fear we might get none
TOC is still worth backing in this role - quieter today but was often outnumbered, and was really good against a decent Carey / Kenny combination for KK 2 weeks ago.

Real shame about E Twomey, was looking sharp before the injury - hopefully its minor as he attempted to play on which you wouldn't do with an obvious hamstring tear.

Coleman is the glaringly obvious option now, we've plenty decent options at wing back but really light on midfield. Surely he gets a run there over the next couple of weeks. Roche/ Fitz/ Meade combinations have proven to be lacking a bit in recent years. TOM another option but wide open spaces don't suit him, decision making becomes ropey, he's better wing back / wing forward.

TOC is still worth backing in this role - quieter today but was often outnumbered, and was really good against a decent Carey / Kenny combination for KK 2 weeks ago.

Real shame about E Twomey, was looking sharp before the injury - hopefully its minor as he attempted to play on which you wouldn't do with an obvious hamstring tear.

Coleman is the glaringly obvious option now, we've plenty decent options at wing back but really light on midfield. Surely he gets a run there over the next couple of weeks. Roche/ Fitz/ Meade combinations have proven to be lacking a bit in recent years. TOM another option but wide open spaces don't suit him, decision making becomes ropey, he's better wing back / wing forward.
Luke Meade has always been solid without excelling in that role so he is always an option along with Darragh Fitz although not exactly a grafter. I think that's why we need another option in TOC. Give him more games there I would say. I would also look at MC and TOM but realistically at this stage, you could only try out one of them.

Disappointing match all round. Pains me to say , 2 poor performances by 2 teams that lacked intensity, gameplans and killer instinct. I struggle to see our style of play??

Waterford were Waterford, too many wides and throwing themselves to the ground in the tackle, same old same old.

When I see half our forward line of Hoggy, Lehane, Seamie, I have to ask, have we not been here before, and before and before. Listen we weren't far off last year in Championship , a couple of points here and there, but I don't see how going back, as the way forward.

Todays match was AWFUL,

Disappointing match all round. Pains me to say , 2 poor performances by 2 teams that lacked intensity, gameplans and killer instinct. I struggle to see our style of play??

Waterford were Waterford, too many wides and throwing themselves to the ground in the tackle, same old same old.

When I see half our forward line of Hoggy, Lehane, Seamie, I have to ask, have we not been here before, and before and before. Listen we weren't far off last year in Championship , a couple of points here and there, but I don't see how going back, as the way forward.

Todays match was AWFUL,
We know where we are at with those lads, I don’t have an issue with Hoggie and Seamie starting as they will be there in the championship. You have to play a decent core so you can allow other guys an opportunity to start, changing everything just results in a mess

Brilliant to see JOC grab his chance by the nuts, and Hayes showed really well IMO. Very disappointed in Barrett though, he’s a better hurler than he showed today, his first touch was like a fella just back from a year off

Very poor game overall today. Davy Fitz will be happy enough with so many players to come back in for championship. Jack O Connor very good today. Hoggys form has been poor in the league to date. only scoring 1-1 from open play in nearly 3 games is a very poor return. Think he would be better coming in for last quarter of games when defenders are tiring.

As others have said Mellerick & JOC our 2 best players today. Well done lads.

B Hayes and Joyce also did fine. TOC did well in patches.

Barrett worked very hard. However 2 shots for points in the 2nd half, no score is poor. Hoggie touch was very poor today.

Our inability to win puckouts and breaking ball was very evident. Felt we really missed S Twomey and Rob Downey in this area.

I felt Coleman was poor at wing back. The lad made no catches, batted no ball, made no effective blocks or hooks. Compare Mellerick performance on the other wing to Coleman. Rob Downey looked great when he came on for Joyce. I'll be slated here but I would much rather Rob Downey at wing back than Coleman.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Randy Feltface - 2nd Show Added Due To Demand!
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Pa Mulqueen - Limerick

The Pav, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼