Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It’s no wonder every county hates us. Embarrassing carry on here. We’ve done fuck all of note in almost 20 years and people think that counties will fear the red blood and bandage every year, because we are CORK.

Last year we were the 4th best team in Munster, FOURTH. You’d swear we were the only county that had players make mistakes in games and the rest were perfect. I saw someone on one of these threads yesterday day we were the second best team in Ireland this year 😂😂😂

We have more room for improvement than most, but improvement isn’t guaranteed. And to those who say we improved this year, WE WERE THE FOURTH BEST TEAM IN MUNSTER.

We are the intercounty version of Douglas. Don’t forget that.
"every county hates us"...
No they don't, that's as much a nonsense as the "we are Cork" stuff.

We haven't won an all Ireland in 18 years and counting but to say we've done f*** all of note is pretty disrespectful to the teams that won Munster.
Or does winning Munster not count?
Or does Munster only count when it can be used to roar at people in relation to being fourth?

I don't think anyone thinks playing Cork will strike fear into the hearts of our opponents right now.

Who knows what next year will bring, there's plenty for Ryan and Co to work with, and to work on, so I'd be hopeful that we'll kick on and last further into the season than this year.

Last edited:
Our delusional is laughable and anywhere you go in the country it’s known. Tell anyone in Limerick that we are the team to end their reign and they would laugh at us, and rightly so.

3 Munsters in what, 15 years? Barely worth a footnote in our history as we didn’t kick on and do anything afterwards, whether it be that year or the years after. For a decade now we have known Munster is our ceiling.

Not roaring at anyone Hurly. The Munsters won were under the old format and that format was hard to gauge where you stood in the pecking order (unless you win it). The new format is what matters as it’s the present. 2023 championship told the truth, that we are down the pecking order.

In the last few years we have shown we are a busted flush. The Douglas of intercounty for now and I would love to hear a coherent argument to tell me otherwise.
You’ll have no one disagreeing with you that’s going to or is involved in the senior hurling grades in Cork anyway.

It’s no wonder every county hates us. Embarrassing carry on here. We’ve done fuck all of note in almost 20 years and people think that counties will fear the red blood and bandage every year, because we are CORK.

Last year we were the 4th best team in Munster, FOURTH. You’d swear we were the only county that had players make mistakes in games and the rest were perfect. I saw someone on one of these threads yesterday day we were the second best team in Ireland this year 😂😂😂

We have more room for improvement than most, but improvement isn’t guaranteed. And to those who say we improved this year, WE WERE THE FOURTH BEST TEAM IN MUNSTER.

We are the intercounty version of Douglas. Don’t forget that.
I don’t know what people you have met that think we are so embarrassing and we are so bad.
Tell me another county that has won 3 of four un20 titles and yes maybe all that talent will not make senior a few from each team will and that’s a good platform to be considered a coming side.
I agree we need to push forward and put results to back it all up but right now we are in a better place moving forward than most especially Munster with talent coming through imo.
No team lasts long term and it changes and that’s down to us to make the step up.
To make the step up is a collective imo which involves supporters also and stop being negative towards players and management.Ballygunner were the certainty for the club all Ireland apparently 1/6 favourites to win a game.
I don’t know what your issue is with Douglas is and that is fine but they are a good duel club.
BTW have you any issue with Clare whom haven’t won fuck all since 98 I think and Waterford you can barely win a minor championship game.
We have a management one year into a job with a good attitude and try be positive because negatives are far old pictures from the past.

I don’t know what people you have met that think we are so embarrassing and we are so bad.
Tell me another county that has won 3 of four un20 titles and yes maybe all that talent will not make senior a few from each team will and that’s a good platform to be considered a coming side.
I agree we need to push forward and put results to back it all up but right now we are in a better place moving forward than most especially Munster with talent coming through imo.
No team lasts long term and it changes and that’s down to us to make the step up.
To make the step up is a collective imo which involves supporters also and stop being negative towards players and management.Ballygunner were the certainty for the club all Ireland apparently 1/6 favourites to win a game.
I don’t know what your issue is with Douglas is and that is fine but they are a good duel club.
BTW have you any issue with Clare whom haven’t won fuck all since 98 I think and Waterford you can barely win a minor championship game.
We have a management one year into a job with a good attitude and try be positive because negatives are far old pictures from the past.
🤔
Clare beat Cork in the 2013 AI Final man!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

2nd Jun 2024 @ 5:30 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: Niall McCabe

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼