Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If we can push it to something like 70% then we'll be dangerous

Pat Ryan has instilled a lot of grit and attitude in this group, ye will be there or thereabouts in the coming years

Gillane must be a total nightmare to mark, I'm glad I finished 20 years ago and didn't have to mark him, I'd have worn hurleys off him but I don't think it would have made any difference
Gillane would just hold the one hurley you have Cook and fall down so I don’t think you would need a spare .You would have been sent off with no hurley needed 😃

TOM seems brainless to me, might have to watch the game back but I don’t recall to many instances of him dominating. His assist for fitz was class.
Hi Tex, TOM tackling was excellent, he was heavily involved in a number of turnovers, resulting in Cork points and upsetting Limerick. His touch in heavily traffic was v good, unfortunately, Kingston and to a lesser extent Lehane when introduced, fell down in this area.

A good question. He's a forward for his club, so I'd imagine as a half forward or mid field.
I think MC is made for the Daniel Kearney role, I believe he would be unmarkable turning up everywhere, bit like what Tony Kelly does now, or Richie Hogan used to do. Needed badly should Shamie retire.

Yes he was, straight after the throw in, Darragh Fitz was on Will O Donoghue
Ahh thought he was there for a While and moved off

The other question is why would they not put our enforcer on their enforcer?

WOD was central to everything.

On MC he could come in somewhere in the half forward line potentially

Ben Cunningham needs to be fast tracked into the team.

Hoggie likely to give it another year - his goal when we were 7 down gave us some life.

Too many gents here...afraid to speak the truth Ref fucking rode us.No pick up by Cahalane and no penalty.He won it for them
When you’re snatching a ball with hand that is 1/2 a centimetre off the ground you are asking for trouble. Ref would have needed a microscope

And SOD was naive to have his arms wrapped around Gillane who was going to milk the situation.

The referee did not rob us. That pick-up decision was a very close call. Game played at a million miles an hour. About the throw ball, I’m sure if you watch the game back plenty of our lads threw it too. And the penalty was harsh but Gillane was cute. He held the hurley did it didn’t look like he was until you watched it back. Referees do not have the advantage of a replay. Gutted at the result but on balance I think it was a fair result.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Cantwell - Litterbox

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼