Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The referee did not rob us. That pick-up decision was a very close call. Game played at a million miles an hour. About the throw ball, I’m sure if you watch the game back plenty of our lads threw it too. And the penalty was harsh but Gillane was cute. He held the hurley did it didn’t look like he was until you watched it back. Referees do not have the advantage of a replay. Gutted at the result but on balance I think it was a fair result.
If the ref is too blind old fat to call the game maybe he needs to step down then.
He got a number of calls wrong and influenced the result.
I'll have to look back but I thought one tackle was a red.
There was a clear pull on a Cork arm while hand passing which led to a turnover and a goal for Limerick. Gillane and O Donoghue were at each other all day and it was clearly not a penalty as could be heard in the stadium.
He gives a free for a push but leaves several clear pushes go?

You got to be able to both see these and be consistent or else the whole structure of reffing needs to be changed.

The referee did not rob us. That pick-up decision was a very close call. Game played at a million miles an hour. About the throw ball, I’m sure if you watch the game back plenty of our lads threw it too. And the penalty was harsh but Gillane was cute. He held the hurley did it didn’t look like he was until you watched it back. Referees do not have the advantage of a replay. Gutted at the result but on balance I think it was a fair result.
All true, I'm just bemused by the certainty of the referee on the penalty, he sprinted 60 metres to put the ball on the spot, having 5 minutes earlier seen what Gillane was at. It would have been easier to accept if he at least had consulted with the umpires. Fully understand the speed of the game and the difficulties the referees face but they should at least give it a couple of seconds to fully decipher what they are seeing. Otherwise I don’t think Limerick did much wrong, they just came out on the correct side of a few questionable calls. Anyway going forward we must be good enough to take poor decisions out of the equation so that they don't become game or season changing.
On another matter, did I just read on here that there is no place for Mark Coleman? Jesus.

If the ref is too blind old fat to call the game maybe he needs to step down then.
He got a number of calls wrong and influenced the result.
I'll have to look back but I thought one tackle was a red.
There was a clear pull on a Cork arm while hand passing which led to a turnover and a goal for Limerick. Gillane and O Donoghue were at each other all day and it was clearly not a penalty as could be heard in the stadium.
He gives a free for a push but leaves several clear pushes go?

You got to be able to both see these and be consistent or else the whole structure of reffing needs to be changed.
The referee can’t look back. I thought he had a good game.

Too many gents here...afraid to speak the truth Ref fucking rode us.No pick up by Cahalane and no penalty.He won it for them
Yerra fuck off, ye scored 13 points from frees, we scored 5

The decisions you mention were marginal calls, the penalty could have gone either way and the pick off the ground wasn’t a free, but the ref doesn’t have slo-mo

Are you advocating for VAR for hurling?

If not suck it up, every match has debatable decisions

Yerra fuck off, ye scored 13 points from frees, we scored 5

The decisions you mention were marginal calls, the penalty could have gone either way and the pick off the ground wasn’t a free, but the ref doesn’t have slo-mo

Are you advocating for VAR for hurling?

If not suck it up, every match has debatable decisions
We got more frees because Lk did more fouling
Ref had huge part to play in Lk win

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

King K

Clancys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼