Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not long back from Ennis and after watching it back again. I must say it was an electric atmosphere and a grain of rice would have tipped the scales. After watching it back on tv again I feel this game was left behind us on the line . Tommy O Connell should have been pulled off Tony Kelly after 14 seconds, I was baffled to see him come back on again after the blood sub and shed two more scores , I need not go further into this match up as im
Certain it was very plain to see by all . Dalton, Lehane and Conor Cahalane should not have started , we had better options on the bench.

Met a man coming out and he said if Kieran Kingston had this bunch for another year (as reports say was the players wish) that we would be in a munster final now headed to Limerick to give a few fellows a run, after watching this game back , I cant disagree. Unfortunately we are staring down the barrel at our first ever knockout from the round robin .

Damien Cahalane was excellent today .
Kingston had Connolly, O’Flynn, O’Donoghue and Coleman healthy last year. The man you met was talking nonsense.

Not long back from Ennis and after watching it back again. I must say it was an electric atmosphere and a grain of rice would have tipped the scales. After watching it back on tv again I feel this game was left behind us on the line . Tommy O Connell should have been pulled off Tony Kelly after 14 seconds, I was baffled to see him come back on again after the blood sub and shed two more scores , I need not go further into this match up as im
Certain it was very plain to see by all . Dalton, Lehane and Conor Cahalane should not have started , we had better options on the bench.

Met a man coming out and he said if Kieran Kingston had this bunch for another year (as reports say was the players wish) that we would be in a munster final now headed to Limerick to give a few fellows a run, after watching this game back , I cant disagree. Unfortunately we are staring down the barrel at our first ever knockout from the round robin .

Damien Cahalane was excellent today .
Ah now you can’t say that. According to the royalty on this thread Kingston was responsible for all that ails Cork hurling. When you stand back and look at his record it was pretty decent.

Ah now you can’t say that. According to the royalty on this thread Kingston was responsible for all that ails Cork hurling. When you stand back and look at his record it was pretty decent.
Any Cork hurling manager that fails during his reign to win an AI has failed.. Often heard Myler say that even describing his own time.. An AI is the target

Naive decisions from management cost us today imo.

Our selection has been poor since day one, we need to start the best players and we aren’t doing that at the moment, Fellas like PP, TOM, SK, AC are getting unfair treatment from management.

Why the fcuk was hoggie on the penalty, DD is the best penalty taker in the country and that’s a fact! I don’t give a flying fcuk about a scoring record put DD on ALL frees.

Ref was riding us at times, should have never been allow ref that game seeing as his county would’ve been all but gone had we won.

Overall though clare deserved it more than us but there would’ve been no complaints from either side had there been a draw which I think was the fairest result.

We have no reason to fear Limerick, A draw is all we need and with the right selection i’d fancy us.

Collins
O’Leary Cahalane O’Donoghue
Millerick Joyce R.Downey
Roche O’Mahoney
Dalton Fitzgibbon Twomey
Kingston Power Harnedy

Our selection has been poor since day one, we need to start the best players and we aren’t doing that at the moment, Fellas like PP, TOM, SK are getting unfair treatment from management.
Is this you Dad?
If not I’ll give you my almost 80 year old Dads number. You’d got right in with him and his buddies.. everything is the managers fault and they know far more about the players than the management team even though at this stage they only attend the odd club championship match

This isn’t a Kieran Kingston v Pat Ryan debate, Kieran has been a great servant to Cork hurling but you can’t forget the shit show we we’re producing last year

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

29th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼