Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Do you believe the panel of players are good enough to win a senior All Ireland?

We haven’t won it in nearly 20 years. That’s as long as our footballers went without one in 2010. We need to get realistic, until 6 years ago we were close to the bottom of the top counties. It could take another generation to have a panel good enough. Look how long it took Galway and Limerick to break their bad run.

Expecting one anytime soon is arrogant. We’re not entitled to any All Ireland.
I was quoting Meyler.. If you read back on my posts here over the last 6 months you’ll see that I think Cork Hurling is in a poor position. It’s worst ever in fact. At senior we are about 6th best in a 7/8 team competition..

We got out of Munster last year with only 1 home game. Let’s see if we get out next week.
We got out of Munster last year because before the waterford game the players cried enough is enough as regards our tactics, don’t ever forget that. You seem to be revelling in our impending demise, fuck that shit, back the team

Not long back from Ennis and after watching it back again. I must say it was an electric atmosphere and a grain of rice would have tipped the scales. After watching it back on tv again I feel this game was left behind us on the line . Tommy O Connell should have been pulled off Tony Kelly after 14 seconds, I was baffled to see him come back on again after the blood sub and shed two more scores , I need not go further into this match up as im
Certain it was very plain to see by all . Dalton, Lehane and Conor Cahalane should not have started , we had better options on the bench.

Met a man coming out and he said if Kieran Kingston had this bunch for another year (as reports say was the players wish) that we would be in a munster final now headed to Limerick to give a few fellows a run, after watching this game back , I cant disagree. Unfortunately we are staring down the barrel at our first ever knockout from the round robin .

Damien Cahalane was excellent today .
How can you say that? We haven’t had any embarrassing performances this year, we had too last year and got through because of the way the fixtures fell. PR has got them playing to the final whistle.Dalton shouldn’t be starting? Who is better than him?

We got out of Munster last year because before the waterford game the players cried enough is enough as regards our tactics, don’t ever forget that. You seem to be revelling in our impending demise, fuck that shit, back the team
No , we got out of Munster last year as we went down to Fraher Field against the All Ireland League Champions and tore into it from the off producing probably our best and most proud performances in a decade . Never forget that no one gave us any chance that day . What a performance it was too looking back .

Naive decisions from management cost us today imo.

Our selection has been poor since day one, we need to start the best players and we aren’t doing that at the moment, Fellas like PP, TOM, SK, AC are getting unfair treatment from management.

Why the fcuk was hoggie on the penalty, DD is the best penalty taker in the country and that’s a fact! I don’t give a flying fcuk about a scoring record put DD on ALL frees.

Ref was riding us at times, should have never been allow ref that game seeing as his county would’ve been all but gone had we won.

Overall though clare deserved it more than us but there would’ve been no complaints from either side had there been a draw which I think was the fairest result.

We have no reason to fear Limerick, A draw is all we need and with the right selection i’d fancy us.

Collins
O’Leary Cahalane O’Donoghue
Millerick Joyce R.Downey
Roche O’Mahoney
Dalton Fitzgibbon Twomey
Kingston Power Harnedy
I agree except for Fitz

How can you say that? We haven’t had any embarrassing performances this year, we had too last year and got through because of the way the fixtures fell. PR has got them playing to the final whistle.Dalton shouldn’t be starting? Who is better than him?
Agree with this 100%

I'm not hopeful for next weekend, i feel it will be the end of our season, but I am much happier with the performances this year than I have been for awhile.

Collins
Did ok some sloppy short puck outs.
O Leary
did well on Kelly in the second half when O Connel went off.
Cahalane
our best player, could have done a small bit better on two high balls in first half.
O connel
Shoulnt start the next day. Targeted today. Cant see him coping with a Hegarty or Morrisey on him.
Joyce
sweeped up very well in the second half but was very wasteful in possession.
Downey
Got on a lot of ball and is great in rucks.
Roche
A lot better than the Tipp game. Got forward very well and great tacking and interceptions.
Meade
Brought great work rate and has the hurling to play the ball through the lines.
Dalton
Did ok. Probably drops too deep and left too much space for the Clare half back line.
Fitz
Had a few very good moments but was bullied by Conlan.
Lehane
Non existent, cant start again. Impact sub.
Cahalane
Tried hard but doesn’t have the hurling.
Horgan
Scored 1-3 but was beaten to a lot of balls by Hayes. Needs to try get out in front other than that played well.
Harnedy
Wasn’t used properly. Needs balls hit in on top of him or in front. Not to the corners

There is point in sugar coating it - Management screwed up big time with TOC.

Mellerick is rated as one of our top man markers and is more experienced than TOC.

The failure to correct the decision quickly was a huge reason for the defeat

I think they got it wrong with the forward setup too. I like Pat and sometimes you can’t always get tactics right but the forward setup today with balls into the full forward line didn’t make sense to me. I was at the game and the lack of movement inside led to so many balls pumped into the corners that Hogan and Hayes absolutely cleaned up on.

For a team that’s known for having so much pace, I felt our forward unit lacked pace.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

James Ahern

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼