Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’ve always found Nicky English to call it straight - he rightly highlights that Cork are still playing Cahalane, Lehane, Harnedy and Horgan from 2013 and that Cahill’s Tipp teams were able to master them at u20 level

Nothing in this one. Really hard to call. Looks like both forward lines have an advantage over the respective defences so high scoring for sure.

I really hope we’ll be talking about the Pat Ryan factor this time tomorrow. Cork come from 5 or 6 down and win it by 2 at the death with the bench, and the crowd, playing a huge part.

Looks like a massive crowd on the cards, last game in the Pairc for our hurlers this year, could be a special evening lads, loads of noise & support from the start, can’t wait.
The Tipp bench is not bad either...few All Ireland winners there
Cannot call this..We could win by 7 or 8,so could they

I’ve always found Nicky English to call it straight - he rightly highlights that Cork are still playing Cahalane, Lehane, Harnedy and Horgan from 2013 and that Cahill’s Tipp teams were able to master them at u20 level
Cahill's Tipp team didn't "master" our U20 team. They were tight games bar the final in 2019. And I remember being in the Pairc in 2018 when we evicerated his U20 team in the Munster final.

It's beside the point anyway as these are 2 different teams at different stages of development.

As for us "still" playing players in their 30s, so? They are good enough. We start with them sure, we know that at least 2 of them will be subbed for fresher legs in the second half.
Hilariously there's a rake of Tipp players who are 28/29, so it appears that he thinks there's a chasm of difference between that and 30. If Hoggie wasn't 35 nobody would be talking about the other 3 being 30/31!!

When Tipp won their last AI they won it on the back of their old players, at the expense some say of the development of young players.

I think we have a good blend, what matters is unity and spirit in the team, and by all accounts and evidence we have that.

I hope we bate them out the gate tonight and that the wall of noise from the Cork crowd will ring in their ears for weeks.

Let's make that noise, especially in those tricky moments!

Cahill's Tipp team didn't "master" our U20 team. They were tight games bar the final in 2019. And I remember being in the Pairc in 2018 when we evicerated his U20 team in the Munster final.

Oh they absolutely did. Outworked is in 2018 All Ireland, again in 19 Munster Final with a last minute goal and hammered us out the gate in the 2019 All Ireland where they had the game won after 20 minutes.

Workrate has been a weakness of ours in the past few years. If we don’t at least match our workrate from last week then Tipp will win.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Spare Parts

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼