Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That was extremely disappointing. Damien Cahalane lost his head again for the umpteenth time. They Kilkenny fella had actually been dispossessed before Cahalane tomahawked him. It was a definite red. The discipline went after that. We give out about limerick on here..do you think ond of them would do what Eoin Downey did and worse get caught? Nope. Wheres Pat Ryan going with that eejit of a goalie.,? He's going way too long with his passes and his shots at points were horrific. Rob Downey was excellent. Barratt had a good first half, went missing in the second half and took an easy greedy point when nothing except a goal was needed. Joyce was good.. midfield eaten alive. And I have to agree...too physically weak. Tommy O Connell is game but as green as grass. He needs a full season . Ref was terrible.. he gave Kilkenny some awful handy frees. Limerick might aswell leave Hegarty and Hayes off because that Kilkenny are one ordinary but hardworking side
did ED give the butt of the hurl? Thought TOC was one of our better players and agree RD best cork player today.

It was more like a sword en garde type effort from Eoin straight into yer mans belly. t looked sore enough anyway.
Tommy O Connel did some good things ,definately. I'm being too hard on him. He's got great energy and verve. Just needs composure.

Kilkenny will hang in there with Limerick no matter what but they arent capable of beating them especially with TJ not on and Mullen injured. For me there aren't too many positives for Cork to take out of that.

Big reality check. Missed the game but it seemed Cork lacked composure and discipline. 1 red card and another should have got one.

Although we need to be careful now lads lest we be accused of talking ‘poison’. We can’t criticise these players lads.

Posters on here over reacting big time , look if were honest Cork werent at the races today . But at least they went down fighting and they didnt throw the towel in like last few years. Great to see fire in the bellys. Ok young Downey got a red but hes young and he'll learn . Damien got away with it , but no harm taking out forwards either if there going through .All the top teams have that cutting in them and always will.

Some thoughts from today. Nothing to be worried about yet think some of the younger lads are brilliant like Paudie Power and Conor Cahalane who scored 2 fine points. Pa Collins is getting awful hate here for no reason. It’s not his fault that he’s hitting a ball to lads that would get bullied in a minor match. If you put him in the Limerick team he’d have 4 all stars in the last 4 years and that’s a fact. I don’t know where should we go from here? Should we get someone like James Sweeney in to try win ball like Gearoid Hegarty? Final point : if we are to win an all Ireland we may need 14 Declan daltons to tog outfield, look what happens the first game he didn’t play, we lose

I only caught the second half but Cork seemed to have very little ideas and creativity. KK full back line had a grand handy afternoon from what I saw. Massive lack in quality today from what was the first proper test. Need a drastic improvement for championship or it’ll be a short summer. Thought Rob Downey and Joyce done well and Power looks a great prospect. Damien C gets a lot of abuse with a lot of it unjustified but today was pure brainless and should have seen red for that. I wouldn’t mind if KK played well but it was made easy for them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼