Hoggy is odds on to start, and stay on the frees right now. Only viable alternative of those above is Dalton and he is better than Hoggy on deadballs but unfortunately not tested yet at highest level. Drennan looks phenomenal on them so far.Free-taker could become an issue this year.
- I personally don't think P.Horgan will start (he's also not impressed so far this yr on the frees).
- S.Kingston has been quite consistent on the frees when he has been starting, it also keeps him in the game at times when he seems to drift out of the game.
- C.Lehane is so inconsistent in both frees and open play and because of that I don't think he's reliable enough to be trusted on the frees.
- A.Connolly would be one of my top contenders to take them if he wasn't injured and it doesn't look like he will feature at all this season anyway.
- D.Dalton would be my candidate but he has only been given a fair shot at the long-range frees so far this season.
We need to have a reliable, consistent and nailed down free-taker before Apr 30th or else we could be badly exposed on them.