Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Corkfan82

Spot on, the half-forward line is light and we need those ball winners back fit.

JPM and Macawrig

Everyone of the half-forwards I selected have played numerous times in those same positions for Cork and more often than in any other positions. Shane and Conor Lehane are years playing inter-county and Conor Cahalane is there the past couple of years starting or coming on at half-forward. If everyone was fit it's straight forward to select Dalton, Harnedy and O'Mahony or Sean Twomey but that is not the case. There is no problem bringing Hayes or Barrett to the half-forward for Shane Kingston but CL and CC are simply not inside forwards. I expect Hayes or Barrett to switch with Kingston during the game anyway just to look at a different possible outcome and options. Also I would not select 2 of CL, SK and J.O'C in the same full-forward line as they are too alike and Cork have more options inside there with Power and Beausang among others. All 3 half-forwards have pace to hurt KK and if they can't win a share of 50/50's up against a relatively inexperienced KK half-back line with players such as David Blanchfield and Darragh Corcoran likely to be involved then they won't be up to it come championship.

If our injury list doesn’t straighten itself in the next few weeks we are in for a short summer (or no summer) . In fairness the young lads are doing well but the step up will be massive and it can’t be made without the experienced heads. Anthony Daly talking shit about Clare not trying, they are a big average team who can pull out the odd big performance but if Clare are the benchmark it’s a weak championship. Missed no game yet this yr and looking forward to seeing how a relatively young team performs against the Cats in their backyard. It has been a great start to Pat Ryans reign but just a pity injuries are screwing us.

If our injury list doesn’t straighten itself in the next few weeks we are in for a short summer (or no summer) . In fairness the young lads are doing well but the step up will be massive and it can’t be made without the experienced heads. Anthony Daly talking shit about Clare not trying, they are a big average team who can pull out the odd big performance but if Clare are the benchmark it’s a weak championship. Missed no game yet this yr and looking forward to seeing how a relatively young team performs against the Cats in their backyard. It has been a great start to Pat Ryans reign but just a pity injuries are screwing us.
Agreed. I think the management team know this too but there are a few too many on here that think we’ll go into the championship with 5/6 players who’ve never played championship before and have a long summer. This is a 2/3 year project.

I see people picking teams without Damian Cahalane and I must say that I don't understand this. I think he will be one of the first names pencilled in when championship comes around.
Moreso because there may be some inexperience in the team as well and from what I hear he is regarded as a leader in the group as well as being a strong , physical and experienced hurler. I think the number 5 jersey is his.

Any recovery updates on Tim, Twomey, Fitz, Coleman, Horgan, Donohue plus now Harnedy and Dalton
Tim and Fitz should play some time this weekend. Robbie is back training this week with the team, SOD another couple weeks. He’s back running. Harnedy and Dalton won’t be ready for this weekend by all accounts, tight hamstrings.
Coleman I’m hearing is done for the year but not confirmed. No idea on Twomey

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

James Ahern

Arty's Bar, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼